Sunday, September 30, 2007

Weekend Half Over

Friday night was super fun. Deanna and I went to dinner and out for coffee in Royal Oak. I met her at her house, and we headed out. We ate dinner at Oak Street Grille, which was super yummy, and then head to Caribou Coffee since it's quieter. Oak Street had live music that was live AND loud, and I think we got a little tired of everyone in the place knowing our life stories since we had to scream at eachother. Food was awesome, service was even better. I have not seen Deanna in forever and a day, so it was a great night and I swear, because of both of our natures, I don't think there was a moment of silence throughout the night. Also met her new puppy, Bo, who is exceptionally cute and gave me a souvenir of my visit, LOL. A three inch scratch on my leg. Which is already healing and almost gone. What a little handful.

Saturday, Kurt and I got up and went to the office for three hours. We had 4 appointments coming in and all 4 showed up, which is miraculous on a saturday. Kurt met with them all, and I did paperwork. I actually got a lot done--three bankruptcies entirely drarted and clients called, as well as some family law docs done. After that, I headed to my Aunt's in Canton to go to the outlet mall in Howell, Tanger Outlets. I love it there and it is a lot closer than Birch Run, which is my alltime fav. Anyway, it was a great wday to go. We had coupon books (like usual), but they had this special deal where if you donated $1 to breast cancer research, you could get 25% off one item in participating stores. Anyway, that pretty much meant if you were spending $5 or more, the coup was worth it to buy. Plus, good cause. So, we used them a LOT. I bought a suit at Kasper, which was an incredible deal. $320 regular price, marked down in the store to $179, then I got to use the coupon and it ended up being only $134! It's a really nice suit, in my signature suit color, black, LOL. Got a cute blue shell to wear too for $9.99 (marked down from $48). I heart deals and I hate paying a lot for suits.....Also got a really cute skirt and pair of dress pants from Banana Republic. Regular price on the skirt was $70 and I paid $18.75 and regular price on the pants was $90 and I paid $47! Score again! I love Banana, but hate the prices at the nondiscount stores at the mall.....Also bought a cute pair of jeans, two headbands and a pair of cute heels from Dress Barn......and this really cute set from the Corelle store for my Mom, but I can't post about it here because she may read and it's a surprise....My Aunt bought a bunch of new clothes at Dress Barn as well for a great deal. After that, we headed back to Canton and picked up dinner to eat at my grama's house, which was fun.

Yesterday, went to Rebecca's to be the guinea pig in her and Gary's new massage technique. Their class is next weekend, and then they are teaching another in January. Went to lunch after that at the Peking House, which was yummy, then came home and hung out with Kurt and the pugs and Bugsy the rest of the night. Watched the Premiere of Desperate Housewives, which was really good! I am really wondering what the "secret" is of the new people on Wisteria Lane......

Anyway, gotta get back to work..............

2 comments:

Kelsie said...

I love outlet malls! I totally agree about Banana! I won't shop at their mall stores. Only the outlet.

I thought Desperate Housewives was good last night and can't wait to see how the season unfolds.

Lisa said...

I wish I was closer to Birch Run. I've only been once (right before Saige was born) but didn't get much of a chance to enjoy it for myself being 8 months pregnant and having baby shopping on the brain. I'm due!