Thursday, July 15, 2010

14 days

14 days since my last post. Seriously pathetic. Life has been crazy busy, and I have been every night trying to put my post together about the Montreal trip. Yep, not done yet. Whoops. July is just insane with things going on.

I will get to the Montreal trip, I promise! ;).

This weekend, we are going to Cleveland on Saturday for the Tigers game. This is the make-up game from the one we went to that was partially rained out. We are taking my Dad, leaving early to drive there, and coming back after the game (unless we stay and have dinner with our friend, Terry). Looking forward to a baseball game. I have not been to enough this summer. Speaking of baseball, was bummed the American League lost the All Star Game! First time in 14 years! Crazy. That's OK, we will take them back year! :).

Went to another Judge fundraiser tonight for Judge Hughes. I always go into these things thinking I will not enjoy myself, but I had a total blast! My friend, Teddy, went with me, and I had a really good time talking to some of the Judges and my attorney friends, appraisers, mediators, etc. It was at Nemo's in Detroit, which was a cute little bar near old Tigers Stadium. Really glad I went.

There has been emergency after emergency at the office. I will be glad when work gets back to normal and not "IHAVEANISSUETHATNEEDSACOURTDATETODAYORIWILLDIE" with all that comes in the door. I think I have filed more emergency motions in the past two weeks than I have in the past year. It's crazy. I have attributed it to the really hot weather. Everyone is cooped up in their AC in their house and the emergencies are brewing.....Maybe cooler weather will bring less craziness? Let's hope!

Anyway, I promise to post more soon! :). Hope everyone is having an awesome July thus far!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

At least your break was only 14 days and not two months like mine. :o)

Candice said...

Welcome back. I look forward to your trip summary. :)

Nancy said...

Can't wait to see MTL pics!