Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Can Title Posts Again!

Yay! I am so psyched to be able to post titles again! Woo hoo!

OK, enough of that. It's sad I get excited by something as lame as a title on a post. :).

Last night was fun. Auntie came over because she wanted to go to Elder Beerman to look for a wedding gift for someone, and she brought me some new plants for the yard that she had dug up in her yard. I need to figure out where I am putting them. She found her wedding gifts, and I ended up getting some cute drinking glasses on clearance for $11! For 10 of them. They are glass, really retro, really ME. And I needed some glasses, we are kinda lacking in that department since most of our household only drinks liquids out of cans or bottles. Went to dinner afterwards at this place called Skyline Chili that Kory recommended. It was OK. I had a baked potato because I was not that hungry. It's kinda a meat eaters place. They have some veggie options, but none of them were appealing to me. I think the heat is making me less hungry. I will *feel* hungry, but when I go to eat, nothing tastes good. It's odd.

Oh, this was funny yesterday. I got a call, and I am going to kinda change the facts here, because I have no idea who reads this blog and who does not. Next week, the school board I am on has to pick it's new positions on the board (Pres, VP, Sec, Treas), etc. Well, a particular person on the board has called me several times asking for my support for him for a position. I have not even really thought about this too much. We have a budget to balance and all this other IMPORTANT stuff going on, and I don't really care about titles right now. So, I told him that much. I would like to wait until our meeting, hear what everyone has to say, and make my decision. This is what is said to me, which cracked me up (and will crack you up to if you know me at all). "Well, you need to make a decision NOW." I am seriously laughing reading this. I don't do well with being told what to do (unless I am in court and a Judge is telling me so, then I am on it). If anything, calling and demanding that I do something is going to have a negative effect on the situation because nobody is going to DEMAND that I do anything. I think my response was "Umm, no I don't, I will keep your words in mind and make a decision on Monday. Nobody is going to call me and tell me what I need to do or not do." It backed him off a little bit, but I think he is a little peeved I won't make a decision. Oh well. I will make a decision when I am good and ready and the people who are not hounding me probably have a better chance than he does. And hello, my office is crazy. Calling me at work during a busy day and pressuring me to make decisions is just going to drive be bonkers. Being at my office is not relaxing and not a time I want to make decisions about nonwork related issues.

I guess we will see what happens on Monday.

Need to work now, later.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What was with not being able to title posts?