Sunday, August 02, 2009

Reunions


Wednesday, had dinner with Mel and Tammy after work. It was really nice to see both of them and catch up.......:). Love dinners with friends. I had bbq salmon and the food was really yummy.....

We worked late Thursday night, then Friday night, had dinner at our normal sushi joint. And had much better service than last week. We saw the server from last week, who did not wait on us because she was TRAINING someone. Found that hilarious.......Worst waitress there, training someone else. I am kinda scared for the future of the place......Stopped at Elder Beerman to try and find someone new to wear to the reunion. Bought Kurt a Perry Eliis short sleeved dress shirt that is green and white, and ended up buying myself a Laura Ashley green necklace and three new shirts at Sears. I could not believe I found shirts at Sears, I usually do not like that store, but they actually had some cute stuff that was CHEAP. All on sale. Weirdest thing happened at Elder Beerman. I was looking for shirts for Kurt and I hear this guy say "You can't surprise me with a gift if I can see what you are buying..." I looked around and realized he was talking to me. he then says "Are you married"? Seriously, he asked that. I said yes. He then says "How come all the ones I want to date are married"? I think I said something like, "Yea, that does suck for you." I literally HATE getting hit on. It makes me uncomfortable and I do not in any way encourage it, and it still freaking happens all the time, but not usually this obviously. He then says "How about a hug?" I was like WHAT??? I kinda laughed and walked away. Wow.



Saturday, slept in, then started packing and getting ready to head to Bay City for Kurt's class reunion. We drove up and got there early so we went and had dinner, as we had no idea if the reunion would have fish or veggie options. Got ready for the reunion. I had no idea what to wear. Kurt told me not to wear anything too fancy, as it's "Pinconning" and nobody dresses up. So, I went ion between. I wore a newer black shirt I bought on Friday night, and one of my summery skirts from Ann Taylor that is green, white and black, with Bandolino heels and a cute new green necklace. The reunion, surprisingly, was a lot of fun. Met a lot of people....The music was great (all 80s pretty much). Kurt pretty much got trashed, but since we rarely drink, it was pretty amusing. I had one drink at the start of the night. The hotel was really nice too, and it was nice to simply take the elevator to our room afterwards and not have to drive home. Kurt pretty much passed out as soon as we got back to the room, and I watched some Suze Orman then fell asleep....


Went to Pinconning after the reunion today to take Kurt's mom to lunch and give her some pics I had printed for her. Drove home and have pretty much just chilled. I wanted to go get a pedi, but was too lazy to drive into monroe. Took a walk around the yard and played around with my macro lens, worked out, and played some arcade games.........



Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

That is flattering that you got hit on-- but what a lame pick-up line! You were buying a men's shirt! I can't stand lame pick-up lines! :P

Nancy said...

I think that sometimes it's good to get hit on hehe.

Andi said...

What a tool for hitting on you in the men's department!! Duh, who else did he think you were shopping for? :)

Sounds like a fun weekend though!

Unknown said...

It's always good to get hit on! ;) LOL... you've still got it! ;)