I was given this award by Rebecca! :). Thus, I am following the rules and participating.
Rules: Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog. Share 10 honest things about yourself. Present this award to 7 other whose blogs you find brilliant in design or content.
Thanks, Rebecca!!! Love getting these little awards. Super fun. Hmmmmmm, 10 honest things about myself. I am going to try and think of new things that you all don't already know, but that might be kinda hard. Here goes......
1. I honestly was terrified of animals until I was about 8 years old or so. I would literally scream if a cat or dog came near me, and would become hysterical. For no reason at all. I had never been bit, nothing. My Mom got a puppy for us around that time and since then, I have been a total animal lover, to the point now that I don't eat meat because i don't want to think I contributed to the death of an animal. Quite the jump there......
2. As a kid, we honestly NEVER travelled. We mostly went to Glennie, MI, to the family cabin (which I loved, don't get me wrong, but it was still just MI). We also went to Niagara Falls once. That was it. I think that is the reason I am obsessed with travelling now, I never really got to experience it as a kid.
3. Until about 6th grade, I honestly was the most shy kid around. I barely talked to anyone unless I really, really knew them. My teachers would tell me Mom that I was really smart (I was even in the gifted and talented program), but they were concerned about my lack of participation and socialization. i actually really did not even talk until I was about 4 years old. This is funny to me now, because now, I will almost talk to anyone and would not consider myself shy at all really. However, when I am in situations where I do not know anyone, I do tend to be kinda shy and aloof.
4. I honestly will do and try almost anything. I think I terrify Kurt sometimes because I don't even think before volunteering to do something crazy. Who would like to jump off the boat first? Me! Who wants to hold the snake? Me! Who wants to walk across the shaky scary brige? Me. Who wants to swim with sharks? Me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE an adrenaline rush, and I love having stories to tell my friends and family. I don't even think before I do these things, and afterwards, I am like WHAT THE HELL was I thinking? Like the swimming with 8 sharks in Galapagos? I still shudder about that, but I was all about it while I was there. LOL.
5. I honestly was obsessed with reading as a kid, to the point where I won awards for the amount of books I read in elementary school. In 3rd grade, I was reading at an 11th grade level. Now, I probably, because of time, read maybe like 5 books a year. I think I really, thru all my schooling and such, just grew tired of it. I also have no interest now in reading anything intellectual.
6. I honestly could care less if I ever had an alcoholic drink again. For some reason, I have zero interest in drinking alcohol. I still have the every now and then drink, and I love doing shots with rebecca, but I truly could take it or leave it. I think some people think I am boring because I don't drink, and I dont really care. I have fun without it.
7. I honestly have never smoked a cigaratte, and have never done an illegal drug. But, if being around others smoking pot changes that, then I am guilty. haha. Hey, i went to Ferris for a year.
8. I honestly do not like hockey. Living in MI, this is pretty much a sin. I have no interest whatsoever in the sport, and I actuallly kinda do not like the Red Wings, because they remind me of the Yankees, meaning they are the team with the most money, so they always win. I hate those kinda teams.
9. I honestly bargain shop for EVERYTHING and use coupons anywhere I can. However, i will never bargain shop for hair salons and firmly believe that a $10 haircut is not going to be as good as a $50 one, unless I know the stylist and she is giving me a discount. it's the one thing I will never scrimp on and I dont care if I sound snobby saying that.
10. I honestly am sick of politics and politicians. I no longer consider myself a political party, and do not even like to talk politics anymore. I think they are all liars, and I hate the "politics" behind it all.
So, that's it. I think most people have already been awarded this award, so if you have not, and you read my blog, please fill it out on your blog! Hugs.