Thursday, November 16, 2006

First Meeting


**Above picture is of one of the flowers from the plant that my friends Deanna and Brian and their son, Ben, sent me when I passed the bar exam.........Love them and the flowers.

So, tonight was my first board meeting! And boy was it a long one! We had a board workshop previous to the meeting, then the board meeting, and a closed session as well. All in all, I was there from 530 p.m. until 9:00 p.m., but this is was an out of the orindary thing. We don't normally have closed sessions or workshops. Anyway, it was great and I am so excited about being part of it.

Slept in a little bit this morning, which I really needed after getting up so early the previous morning. Work was really productive today, which was great.

I think my first court appearance is going to be Monday. We have a divorce that is ending and are simply presenting the judgment to the court for entry. I am going to start off slow and work up to cases where I need to actually argue things in court. Can't wait. I love how being a lawyer is really testing me with my public speaking skills, since public speaking is not my favorite thing to do.

Anyway, that's about it for today's post.....Night everyone.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

A lawyer who doesn't like public speaking??? :) I'm going to come watch you one of these days!

Unknown said...

HAHA. I don't like it, BUT I am good at it, so I guess it's all good......:).