Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Time to Vote

So, we were going to take the entire day off today to vote. But, we are at the office working half day, leaving at noon. Whoot! This is very rare that I leave the office before 5, so yay for us! I wish we voted for President more often (OK, I take that back, I am actually SO SICK of politics right now, but I would like more days off, haha).

Anyway.

We have two proposals to vote for in MI time time around. I would love to hear about what proposals everyone else has in their state and what they think about them, stuff like that almost interests me more than the major stuff, like President. Anyway, in MI, it's medicinal marijuana and stem cell research. I am voting yes on both of them, for various reasons.

And can't wait to vote for Obama/Biden either. And, to everyone out there who thinks this is the immoral way to vote, SCREW YOU (I say this only because I know none of my readers think this, LOL). Last night, I kept hearing MORE on TV about "Republican: the way to be moral". GAG GAG GAG. In my apparently screwed up way of thinking, I think voting MY way is more moral. My party supports equal rights for everyone, giving women the right to choose, and not judging others for the way they choose to be. I also like how the Bible states that "Only God shall Judge", yet, the Republican party wants gays to have to rights and women to be forced into pregnancies they don't want. Interesting......................

Anyway, vent over. I am just truly sick of the whole "Republicans are moral and Democrats are sinners" bullshit. OMG, I just said bullshit. Send me straight to hell......

Wow, reading back on this, I can tell I am not feeling well this morning, LOL.

Most importantly, I want everyone to get out there and VOTE (especially if you are voting a straight Dem ticket, haha). So many people don't vote, and I just don't get that. I think it is our duty to do so. I would literally orgasm if Obama wins and the Senate gets those 60 seats needed (highly unlikely, but a girl can dream). If this does occur, I think we can start digging ourselves out of the HOLE that Bush has created, so lovingly, for us over the past 8 years. Those who think McCain will change that when he voted with Bush 90% of the time, are just a tiny bit delusional, me thinks..........

Click here to see the reasons people I know vote and why they are lame.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah..I don't feel like being at work either! I wish I could take off like you :) I have a feeling I won't be much of an asset to my company today.

Amanda said...

We're leaving at 2:30. The polls open at 7, and when we drove by some of them at 6:15, the parking lots were overflowing. It's gonna be a long day!

We've got 2 proposals here - early voting (YES, PLEASE) and allowing slot machines. I could go either way on the slot machines - don't care. Right now, I'm leaning to yes. More revenue for the state (currently, it goes to WV, where they can gamble) - but, the majority goes to the gaming industry, and a BIT does go to public schools. Heck, I'll take any bit from anywhere they'll give it!

COL said...

I voted yes on both. And for my friend Barack!

Jennifer said...

We have so.many.issues.on.the.ballot in California -- but Prop 8 is the most important. NO on 8!

I'm literally bouncing off the walls today, can't wait for the polls to start closing. I predict a LANDSLIDE for Obama!! 60 Senate seats would be amazing -- a girl can hope!

And when I was in France, I learned to pronounce bullshit like this: bullsheet. As in "Your President Bush is bullsheet!" Um, yeah!

Mindy said...

We really don't have much on the ballot this year - one on creating a new tax on hotel rooms . . . and one that was political mumbo-jumbo . . .

I voted before I went on vacation. I love early voting!

And - I don't know who Craig voted for - but I know it wasn't McCain or Obama. His reason? He can't stand either of them. My dad voted for "None of the above."

Rebecca said...

I'm proud to say that both of my parents voted yes for medical marijuana and stem cell research. Way to be progressive mom and dad!

And of course I voted straight ticket Dem :) Although some of the other people, like community college and state college stuff? No clue, so if there was a democrat.

RoseAnn said...

I can't wait to get home and start watching the election results. We mailed our ballots weeks ago so it was extra annoying having to answer the calls, see the ads and have to recycle all the fliers in the mail. So much $$$ that could be used on better things!

In CO, we have a slew of propositions...over a dozen! The only one I feel very strongly about is Prop. 48 which would define personhood as starting at conception. It opens up a whole can of worms on every single law in the state! The other ballot measures are about unions, sales tax, gambling, can't remember what else...

Sony said...

I can't tell you how excited (and a little nervous) I am today. I agree with your feelings on McCain and am anxiously awaiting the results.

Go Obama/Biden!!