Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Even though I do not really celebrate the holiday, wanted to say Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! :). Valentine's Day was always fun growing up, my Mom would always make my sister and I really cute baskets, with stuff like t-shirts, our fav candy, etc. She is the kewlest Mom.....

Had a busy weekend. Friday night, went to dinner with Rebecca and Jessica at Union Street in Detroit. The place had a pretty kewl ambiance and vibe, but the good things ended there.......Jessica and Rebecca did not like their food, and mine made me sick later on! Ugh! And, our waitress seemed annoyed that she had to do her job. It was my goal to make her smile, and I think the one time she did was when she picked up our credit card slips with her tips.........It was nice to see Rebecca though, and to gossip with the girls! :).

Saturday, Kurt and Kory headed to the Ypsi office. We were having carpet put in (the stuff they had in there was super ugly) and paint. I went into the Taylor office to try and get ahead on some paperwork and stuff. After the office, I stopped at the mall at NY and Co and Macy's. The mall was having some great sales. I think it's so odd they have "Spring" clothes out when we have snow on the ground and a freezing 10 day forecast. Anyway, I got a cute new sweater at NY and Co,



as well as two new necklaces and some tights.

Macy's had this rack in their suit department with suits for 70% off that I always look thru while there, and almost always find something. I found a great skirt suit with a black skirt and dark turquise colored blazer. Also found a cute sweater marked down.


Had dinner out with Kurty at nick and nino's, as there is no way in hell I am trying to go out to dinner tonight with the holiday. I had been craving fish tacos and they are awesome there.

Today, got up and headed to the grocery store and to Elder Beerman's as I had some coupons to use there. Ended up getting some great deals there too. Got a really cute dress that I can wear with blazers to work.



Also found a black skirt for 75% off,



a sweater marked down (mine is like below, except the main color on mine is green)



two dress shirts for Kurt on clearance, a tie on sale, and two pairs of tights. I heart sales and clearance.

Home for the night now. Need to go work out and then make dinner! :).

4 comments:

Megan said...

I totally love that blue suit you found at Macy's!!! That's something I'd definitely buy to wear on air. I love the clearance suit rack :)

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Megan, it's a brand I have never owned called Suit Studio or something like that. I tried to find it online so you could look and buy, but I think it's only in stores now since its so marked down.......

Brittany said...

Great buys! I love that necklace!

Nancy said...

Love everything!