Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend

Great weekend. Went out to dinner with Kurty on Friday night to Nick and Nino's for fish tacos (the only meal either one of us have had there, LOL) and to watch basketball.

Saturday, I decided to work out in the morning, which confused me for the rest of the day since I generally work out at night. Cleaned out my closet and finally bagged up some clothes to donate. Had dinner that night with our friends, Cassie and Ken, at Mitchell's Fish Market in Livonia. Really fun night. We had a crab dip appetizer that was incredible. I made Kurt try Chilean Steelhead since I had never heard of it before. He liked it! :). I had a crab and shrimp penne that was awesome. Great service as well.

Today, ran errands. Made a mixed fruit pie and Kurt's favorite dinner. He is WAY spoiled. Went to Target for the first time in a LONG time today. I was looking for some storage drawers for my closet and did not find what I wanted, but did find some great deals on clearance racks. Also bought Nick (my nephew) some stuff for his 2nd bday, which I need to put in the mail first thing tomorrow.

Of the deals I found on clearance, found some new shampoos and conditioners to try, so I will review them as I do. I got Fekkai full volume shampoo and conditioner (which I have heard good things about, but never wanted to pay full price, thank you clearance rack!), Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit shampoo and conditioner, and Yes to Tomatoes shampoo and conditioner (I think I just liked the name of this one). Walked down the make-up aisle and saw Maybelline has a line out of eyeshadows I have not seen before. Got this one in Emerald Smokes.

Finished a book this weekend, LA Candy, by Lauren Conrad (of The Hills) (purchased on Half.com). I really wondered if I would like it, but I read good reviews and read it was loosely based on her life, so I thought I would try it. Anyway, great mindless reading. I kept trying to figure out, while reading, which parts were similar to her life and which were not. Anyway, not the best book in the world, and the writing was kinda flat at times, but I would still recommend it. Great beach book, or book to make you forget about the world for a little bit.......

Weather was fab today, however, we are supposed to get another snow storm tonight...boo. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that I *love* the Yes to Tomatoes products - hair care and face care! The shampoo and conditioner were especially kind to my tresses.

The Burt's Bees were also good - I used the pomegranate versions. They don't apply as smoothly as the YTT products - but my hairdresser said my locks were healthy with both. :)