Sunday, August 07, 2011

You Look Like an Athlete

Race this weekend was super fun. Put on by the Detroit Lions in Allen Park, near their training facility. Instead of medals, they gave out glasses with Detroit Lions and the race info on it, and there were a lot of Detroit Lions prizes and stuff. Anyway, the race was at 900 AM, and of course, it was gorgeous and sunny and hot and muggy. And, I have not been running as much because of the heat, except on the treadmill (have been biking WAY more). So, I was just hoping to just get through the race without passing out. The course was fun. Neighborhood residents had sprinklers on for us to run through, and there were a lot of spots with water and/or gatorade. Anyway, I did way better than I thought I would, clocking in at 26:01. Got 1st in my age group and 77th overall. Kurt clocked in just less than 30 minutes, which he was OK with since he has not been running at all lately because of injuries to his hamstring and back. Our friend Jeff got first in his age group, and our friend Paul got 2nd in his. Anyway, I really liked this one and will do it again next year for sure.

Had a massage after the race at a place I had booked that I had a Groupon to, and could not believe that the therapist underSTOOD deep tissue. I will be back for sure. I don't even think he was using all his strength with me, but I was kinda sore from the run. My dinner plans that night got postponed, so I decided to stop at the mall to use a coupon I had, and ended up buying nothing. Went home, and Kurt and I decided to go out for sushi, which was super yummy.

Yesterday, went on my sunday morning bike ride. I love these rides. It is generally gorgeous and sunny and I just ride and ride. This morning, I went over 13 miles. I can really tell the difference in my legs/muscles from adding the biking in too. Love that. At weigh in yesterday morning, I was my lowest weight to date, weighing in at 66.2 pounds less than when I started in September. I was thrilled with this, as I kinda stopped tracking my food and have been eating healthy choices, but eating when I am hungry, so I am sure I am eating more than I was previously, but I am still losing, so that rocks! I just kinda want to maintain now though, and make sure my clothes continue to fit. I guess if I gain a lot or my clothes get tight, I will start the tracking again. Speaking of that, I was looking for a particular supplement at GNC, and was kinda annoyed by the lady's reaction who worked there. She basicaly would not even SHOW it to me, because I think she thought I should not use it as I don't need to lose any more weight. I really don't think that's ANY of her business, and then she started lecturing me on eating breakfast, that I should drink protein shakes, etc. Umm, no. Did not ask your advice on my life. I don't eat breakfast because I am not hungry in the morning and food makes me kinda queasy in mornings. If I get hungry, I eat a banana or granola bar or other fruit. Anyway, I will not be going back to that GNC. Or Ill take Kurt with me and tell them the product is for someone else, LOL.

This morning at court, one of our attorney friends stopped me in the hallway and said to me "I just saw Kurt and was telling him that you two seriously look like athletes now, you both look amazing!" That totally meant a lot to me, as that is what I want to look like. I am not into the waif skinny look, and want to look slender, but with muscle tone as well. Apparently, whatever I am doing is working! Or at least it is to that guy. : Kurt even commented on my arm muscles tonight while we were working out, so all those push-ups and kickboxing bag workouts must be showing finally! I'm kinda jealous of my friends who can accomplish the same results in a lot less working out, but since I dont have the time or schedule to do anything more structured, I gotta keep with my own thing, which works (albeit slowly).

Our Labor Day trip is selected by a roll of the dice. I had narrowed it to three places, Kurt added three more, we assigned each place a spot on the dice, and we rolled. Number one came up twice immediately and so San Francisco (focusing on the redwoods and hiking) is it! :). can't wait. Have not booked yet, as I need to finalize dates, but can't wait for our second trip to cali this year! I have always wanted to see the redwoods, so I can't wait. Oh, the 6 choices were San Fran with redwoods, Calgary with Banff national park, glacier national park in Montana, Honduras, Vancouver, and Puerto Vallarta. This is a shorter 5 night trip, so we cannot pick anyplace crazy far. Any recs anyone has for places to stay, hikes to do, would be appreciated.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Emily said...

shoot me an email and we can chat details :) Put my email addy in the facebook message.

Anonymous said...

First time post. Love following your travels, animals, and stories. If you are doing the back to nature California trip it is a no brainer to do Yosemite. Stay at the Ahwahnee and make sure you see the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias. Lots of hiking trails etc... Yosemite is awesome, perfect for a short getaway.

Nancy said...

Can I ask what supplement that was?

COL said...

What a nice compliment! You are looking awesome!!