Sunday, July 30, 2006


Monday Before the Exam:

Well....have not posted in forever. I am done. Monday, I left to pick up Kellie in New Hudson and head to East Lansing to take our test. Got there in great time, and checked into our hotel, which was awesome. Called TownPlace Suites and it had two bedrooms, a kitchen, living room, etc. We took a ride to stake out the exam location, and pick up food for the cooler Kellie bought for lunch the next day, and breakfast. Then we had a really early dinner at Olive Garden. I had baked ziti and it was soooo good. Highly recommend that meal. Went back to the room and studied for the rest of the night.

Day One, Bar Exam:

Cassie met us at our hotel on Tuesday morning and we all drove together to the exam. Got there early, so we hung out outside talking until we had to go in at 8:30 a.m. SO MANY SEATS. It was at the Breslin Center at MSU, and there were over 1000 people there taking the test. I was seat number 338, Kellie was in the 400s and Cassie was in the 600s, so we were nowhere near eachother. The proctor started going over all the instructions and off we were......That day was essay day. We had 9 essays to do in the morning and 6 in the afternoon. Got out around 430 p.m. that day. The morning was OK, but the afternoon was sheer hell. One of the property queestions intertwined Secured Transactions, which is never tested, so that sucked. One good thing though, they usually test Corporations, and instead they tested Agency Law, which I like a lot more. So that was kewl. That night, we went to P.F. Changg's for dinner by Cassie's hotel. Stopped after dinner and picked up our food for the next day, went back to the room and studied for the rest of the night (except our short excursion to Coldstone for ice cream. I had never been there and Kellie loves the place. Wow. Great ice cream).

Day Two, Bar Exam:

Next morning, Cassie met us and we went over again. Day two was multiple choice. Ugh. 200 questions, got out at 5:00 p.m. It pretty much sucked. Every question, you can pretty much narrow down to two answers, and really, both of them "could" be right. You have to pick which one is "more" right. Fun. And the bar tries to say that this is teaching us about the real world....Umm, yea. That.

Some funny things. The proctor was SOOO loud. He had a mike, and when he said STOP, meaning put your pencils down, he literally SCREAMED it. It made me jump a mile out of my seat the four times this happened and almost throw my pencil......

So, of course, on our way home, it POURED. The entire way from East Laning to Newport. It's strange that it was literally raining from one side of the state to the other. So, my trip home took much longer than it should.

To sum the exam up. It sucked. I have no idea how I did. Besides the fact that the test is graded on a curve, I pretty much have no idea on most of the questions if I picked the ""right" answer between the two possiblee right answers. But whatever. I did the best I could. If I don't pass, I will just take it again in February. Most people don't have to work full time plus while studying for the test.......Oh, and I dont get word on results until November at the earliest. Blah.

It was exhausting. Funny too, people are just so retarded sometimes. I got home and Kurt's brother was here. His first thing was, he asked me "How was the test? How many questions are on that test?" I told him. His response was "Oh, the pilot's exam is much harder......700+ questions and you can only get 3 wrong...." OK, I am sorry, but you are not going to compare another test to what I just went through. Three years of schooling, studying for three plus months and a test that takes 12 hours.........What's even funnier is, he has not even taken the bar exam OR the pilot's exam, and he is comparing the two........"Insert me rolling my eyes."

So, the rest of the week I had to work.

Friday night, I went to a jewelry party at my friend Tammy's house. Julia and Rebecca went with me. It was.....what word shall I use? Interesting. The woman running the party was freaking insane! She was probably the most obnoxious person I have ever met in my life. She literally was screaming through her presentation.....So, to make it more interesting, Rebecca, Julia and I text messaged eachother through the whole thing. I ended up buying a cute bracelet.....After that, the three of did dinner in Southgate at Applebee's.......

Yesterday, it finally sunk in a little bit that I have free time. I started out by going to an eye appointment at 1230 p.m. in Dearborn Heights at America's Best. That place rocks. I lost my glasses (which is very unlike me) about three years ago and have not really had time to go in for new ones since. So, that place has great deals and I got two pairs for about half the price one pair would have been at Sears Optical (where I have my contact appointments). I got one pair that is "rimless" meaning you can barely tell I have them on. The other pair I got so I could look "lawyerly". They are black, kinda thicked rimmed.....I can just see myself wearing them in court, hehe. Anyway, those get delivered in about a week. After that, I saw this place that had really cheap mani/pedis, so I stopped in to try and relax, which it did help me do. Then stopped at SAMS Club to pick up some necessities......Came home and hung out at the beach house for the rest of the day. Britton, Kory's cousin, was there hanging out and not really working like the rest of them, so I hung out on the deck in the sun with him all day and talked. It was great. The beach house is really coming along....the upstairs looks like a totally different place. It's insane. They also made a deck off the top of the upstairs looking over the lake--so now the place had two decks. That night, we all went to La Fiesta for dinner in Luna Pier. It was really yummy as usual.

Today, I have no idea what I am going to do. Prob some chores around the house, need to stop at Kroger's....I need to get outside and figure out what the temp is. I have this idea for a photo project, but if it is still 100 degrees outside, I dont know how long I will last walking around taking pics.........

So, sorry everyone, that I have not posted lately, but I truly had some valid reasons! My friend Cynthia in Texas was actually worried about me (love you girlie) because I had not posted. So, to answer your question, I am better than ever! :).


RachelSW said...

Congrats on being done with the bar! Enjoy having some more r and r time.

Cynthia said...

I am so happy! I check your blog everyday and I started to worry that maybe you had run away from home...Congradulations! I know you passed it. You are smart and awesome and are going to make a terrific lawyer.
I am just glad to hear that it is over for you! Love ya!

Rebecca said...

Well it's about time :-P

You're right, I did already know this stuff!

Rebecca said...

And so jealous that you went to La Fiesta without me!!!!!