Sunday, September 16, 2007

Shopping on Sunday

So, Sunday turned out to be a fairly productive day. I decided to head to Canton and run to a few places to begin my search for new living room furniture. Started at IKEA, where I found nothing furniture-wise anyway. I did wander through the entire store though and saw some duvet covers, picture frames and lamps that I may go back and get at some point. The furniture, for the most part, was kinda dorm like and not exactly what I was looking for, but VERY cute. Some of the leather stuff was cute, but I don't do leather because of the pets. Bought nothing there, but will be back for sure, especially for picture frames. Really cute, really modern and very ME.

Next, I headed to Sams Club. I bought a bunch of staples for the house, such as two 24 packs of Propel and Talking Rain water, animal crackers, goldfish crackers, cheese, fruit roll ups, etc. Saw a gardner white on my way there, so stopped there next and walked around for quite a bit. Found two sets of furniture that I liked, and have no idea which one is better, but I think I like one slightly more for comfort reasons. Also found two beds that I like, but think I am going to hold off on those for now. Got prices and business cards there, and headed to the Lazy Boy store, where I found nothing. While there, my Aunt called and I went and picked her up for my nexy trip.

Headed to Northville to Trader Joe's and stocked up on fresh fish and veggie chili. After that, went to Westland to Art Van and Value City and found NOTHING. So far, gardner white is in the lead for the furniture. Nothing I saw really shouted at me "BUY ME", so I am going to continue looking, keeping the stuff I saw at gardner white in mind. There are a couple locally owned places in Monroe I want to look, and I usually like Elder Beerman for their stuff, so I will look there too.

Came home after that and made dinner, hung out the rest of the night. Am glad to have a full freezer again, it was almost bare! :).

3 comments:

RachelSW said...

Good luck on your quest for new furniture! I can not wait for us to get some new stuff.

Nancy said...

I live vicariously through you while reading your shopping blogs!!

Lisa said...

I'm so jealous of your American grocery stores!!