Saturday, May 22, 2010

Product Rave

So. I love the look of color on my nails. What do I not like? How whether I do my nails myself, or get a mani at a salon, my polish is chipping almost immediately. What's weird is that my pedis stay on for about three weeks, even wearing the heels and stuff that I do daily for work.

So, the last time I was getting a pedi, the nail techs were telling Jessica and I about this new procedure called Shellac. It's a new kind of polish that is applied using a special light, and it supposed to stay on an average of 14 days. I did not really believe it, but googled it when I got home and it looked promising.

So, Jessica and I went back this week to get it done, and OMG, I am a total fan already (even though it's only been three days). I got a darkish red color put on (called Red Baroness), and three days later, still looks as good as day one. If this truly stays for two weeks, I will be loyal to this brand for a long, long time. Click here to read an article talking about the salon I went to and the product.

Anyway, right now it is a very limited supply of the product, and only available at limited spas. Click here to see if it is available near you, and try this!

5 comments:

Candice said...

That's why I don't paint my nails anymore. I hate chippy nails!! That's for the tip, if only I had time for a manicure! ;P

Anonymous said...

It sounds very cool! -and very reasonably priced!

My only hesitation is the UV3 light, and if there are any hazards with it. I can't find much online about it.

Mrs. Lukie said...

Oooh. I really want to try this, since I have the same problem with mani's that you do! But, of course there are 5 salons in San Diego who do Shellac, and not a single one in the new town we're moving to, or anywhere nearby :(

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Sarah, its brand new (hence only ONE place in MI that has it now)...Give it a few months and I am sure it will be available there! :).

COL said...

I've heard about this when I was in FL... my cousins were raving about it... They did the OPI AXXIUM one...