Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week in Review


**Post-Race picture. Recognize the hoodie, Mom? :).
Ran a 5K race in Woodhaven this morning called "The Monster Mash". A lot of people dressed up for it, so it was a fun race. Smaller turnout, which was good for me since they only gave out medals to the first person in each age group, and the age groups were 10 year increments. Anyway, I placed first! :). They accidentally put me in the wrong age group at first, but I actually placed first in both so it was OK. Well, except the girl who got knocked down one in my age group when they fixed it was not happy. Whoops. I would have preferred to stay age 24, but alas, I had to add 10. it's hard for me to figure out what to wear to the races these days, as it is too cold for short sleeves, but I get too hot running with long sleeves about half way through the race. Any runners have any ideas? I don't want to stop and take off layers while running.

Had a crazy busy week this week. One highlight was our friend Steve's retirement party. Steve was a co-worker of kurt's at the IRS back in the day (Kurt's first law job). Steve and his wife, Marilyn, are two of the kewlest people ever. They totally remind me of me and Kurt. They never had kids, and you can tell they truly love and admire one another and enjoy one another's company. they met in law school. Anyway, the turnout was crazy huge. you know someone is a nice guy when he is a lawyer for the government and that many people come out to help him celebrate. Very nice party at a country club in Maumee. Congrats Steve!

Also, had a K-Fass meeting/dinner at la Pita in Dearborn. Yum. Next meeting is Thai food at Bangkok 96 in dearborn, can't wait......

Anyway, besides working 8 million hours, those are about the only updates from the week. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good job on the race (again)!

You should donate some of your race medals! Unless you want to build a trophy room ;) http://medals4mettle.org/

Bruce Wm Sargent said...

When I was young, I knew the man who wrote The Monster Mash...he lived a rather sad story...I remember meeting his family in a three story walk-up on the second floor, north of Boston...
And to the point:
Nice work! ... running does good things for you and brings you light...inspirational efforts...