Friday, September 01, 2006

Keeping Up.



So, last night was really fun!

After work, I went and walked around Heritage Park in Taylor, because I had about an hour to kill before dinner with Nancy. The place is gorgeous. I wish it would have been that way when I lived here! I did not get to do much, since I had a small amount of time, but I walked a few trails, then found this awesome garden and took some shots...Click here to see them. I do need to go back though, because there was a lot more to see that I needed more time for. The trails were very kewl though, some of the trees looked 100 years old or more......

After that, drove to dinner to Andiano's for dinner with Nancy, who I have not seen since school got out in May. We were there over three hours chatting! I really think that may be the longest I have stayed at dinner with someone! And I could have stayed later, but both of us had to work in the morning.....It was awesome to see her, and she is one of those people who "get" how I think (she is another one of those crazy liberals, hehe).

Nancy said something last night that struck me as funny. I don't even know what we were talking about, but I said something to her, and she laughed, and responded, "Lori. anyone who CLAIMS to be modest and humble [about whatever] is generally the exact opposite." I really tend to think this is true, and it put something in perspective in my life....which I kinda already knew, but it helps clarify when someone else says it sometimes.

2 comments:

Amy Martin said...

So, I just found your blog via the 20-something group on ivillage... sounds like we have a lot in common! Great photos! Can't wait to see more.

Lori Anne Haskell said...

hi Amy!! thanks for checking out my blog.......:). Do you have one?