Now, I need Kurt to do the same thing.......It's been like two years since we went through things and donating anything.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Now, I need Kurt to do the same thing.......It's been like two years since we went through things and donating anything.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Got up this morning and headed to Belle Isle to meet Rebecca. We go there prob like once a year or so to takes pics and aimlessly wander. We went to our normal places--the conservatory, the fountain, the old casino site. Took pics, then headed to lunch and Ulta. Rebecca had never been there, and she bought a few things. I had a coupon to use, and of course, the store suckered me into buying some other things. Bastards! Ulta and Sephora--cannot go to the store without buying SOMEthing. It's like a law, I think......Anyway, after that, we headed to lunch at On The Border. Food was awesome, but we ate too much and I was so full from that I did not even eat dinner tonight. Stopped at Old Navy after Rebecca and I parted ways, and I bought four new shirts. That store was CRAZY busy. Not sure if it's school starting soon related or just a busy location, but WOW, insanity. Anyway, it was really, really nice to catch up with Rebecca and just to see her in general, yay.
Spent the rest of the night at home with Kurty, doing some things around the house, and just chilling in general Finished watched How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days, which I had never seen before. It was really cute. And the necklace Kate wears at the party with the yellow dress? Gorgeous! It's kinda sad how much after a movie comes out that I see it. Seriously. I am lame. Gotta love Netflix though!
Below is what I bought at the stores (for the links I could find).
Also, click here to see pics from Belle Isle.
This t-shirt in plum color.
This in peacock.
This in black combo.
This conditioner, on clearance, whoot!
This cleanser (I have been wanting to try something new, and this line gets high reviews, so we will see)
Got this eye make-up remover for free with coupon! Whoot!
So today, did not go much either, which was the plan. The weather was nice--sunny, and perfect temps, so I decided to take my camera out again and head to the State Park near my house. I love it there, and I thought maybe i could capture some of the initial fall colors. Mostly everything is green still, but there were a few yellow, red, orange leaves scattered. It was really peaceful and quiet there today, practically nobody around. I love the sound of the birds, the water creatures, etc. Came home and did some things around the house, worked out, made dinner, started watching Laguna Beach Season 2. It's weird how Kristen is the narrator in this one. I like it with Lauren better. Click here to see pics from Sterling.
Went shopping online today at Banana Republic's sale site. I got an email coupon for 20% off and free shipping, and with temps dropping, I need some fall clothes. I ordered the following, we will see if I like it when it comes!
Long Draped Cardigan in Black
Sweater in Black
T-Shirt in blue
Tee in Suede Grey
Oh, and decided to try a Gap bra. On sale, and an hoping I like their line of stuff.
Hope everyone had nice weekends! :).
Friday, August 28, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
So, I had no set plans this weekend, which was aMAZing. I needed a couple days to chill. We basically stayed in all weekend, only leaving to have dinner one night at a place i wanted to try, and to stop by a furniture store I wanted to look at. Bliss. I really cherish doing nothing, once in a while. Speaking of the new place we tried, it is called Michigan Bar and Grille. It is owned by the owners of our fav sports bar, Pete's Garage. It is slightly more upscale, and has better food. I had an amazing cajun pasta.........
Sunday night, I booked our flights to San Jose, Costa Rica, and then to Golfito, Costa Rica. We are flying into San Jose on 9/24, and will explore there for the day and night, and then leave super early on 9/25 for Golfito. Golfito is kinda on the other side of the Bay from the Osa, and the resort is just outside Piedras Blancos National Park. We are staying at the Golfo Dulce Lodge. What's funny about this Lodge is that it has been on the market for a little bit and Kurt really wants to buy it, LOL, so I guess he can check it out while we are there. It's just a little bit pricey though, haha. I am very psyched to get away for a few days, it is long overdue. We normally go at the end of August, so Kurt and I are going to be pretty much craving some time away at that point. Kory is coming with us, and he is super psyched too.
Work was INSANE today. I seriously do not know where the time went. I was crazy busy this afternoon with appointments, I barely had time to breathe.....Which is bad, cuz breathing is totally a necessity! ;). All my appointments went well, but it was really draining, and we did not get home until 730 pm, UGH. I wanted to work out, but instead I made dinner and have been trying to relax. It takes me a while to unwind from days like today.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Can anyone tell me why the Mariners bullpen pitchers wear pink backpacks? I think they are very stylish, yet maybe moreso for a 5 year old? HAHA.
Also, the Tigers have started incorporated ballet into their pregame workouts, I am impressed with their variety in workouts. GO TIGERS!
Was on the phone a lot of today dealing with customer service with HP for Kurt's laptop. I was SOOOOO frustrated. Everyone I spoke to barely spoke English, and I was about ready to throw Kurt's computer across my office and just buy a new one. Finally, at the end of my agony, they are letting me send it in, and telling me what they think is wrong. Which I already knew at the start of the conversation, but they still have to run 8 million diagnostic type tests. LAME.
Kurt bought another arcade game today, Asteroids. It is pretty fun, like the others. Worked out, made dinner, and am chilling on the couch now! :). Night.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Spent the rest of the day at home, with the exception of dinner out for sushi. Where we sat next to one of the most obnoxious sounding laughs i have EVER heard. This girl was SOOO loud, you could hear her in the bathroom AND near the front door--outside! OMG. I did not want to turn around and stare, but I told Kurt that she better be REALLY hot, becasue with that laugh, most guys would not be able to stomach her for long. Crazy. Everything her friend said, she was almost screaming she was laughing so loudly. Ugh.
So, we are trying to decide where to take our Labor Day trip this year (although it is not happening on Labor Day, it is happening at the end of September because of some issues with dog sitters for the pugs). I have narrowed it down to three options and have been researching details and prices, as follows:
1. Darien Gap in Panama. This option would be aMAZing, but I think it is going to be tabled for now. It is pricey, and Kory is coming on this trip, and I just don't really want to pay for three people. Plus, it could be potentilly dangerous, as it is near the Columbia border, so I dont know if I would want to take anyone with us, just in case.
2. Tortuguero Bay in Costa Rica. This area we have not been to yet in Costa Rica and it is the nesting area of 4 different kinda of turtles. It is also has a lot of other wildlife and marinelife and looks pretty kewl.
3. Lodges near Piedras Blancos National Park. This area is kinda near the Osa where we went last August, but on the other side of the Bay. I am leaning towards this trip, only because I had such an amazing time in the Osa last year.
Who knows though. I need to start making decisions and booking stuff though.
Hope everyone had a nice weekend.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Monday night, had a board meeting. It was unbearably hot in there, something going on with the AC. We had a lot of stuff to cover, and I had to keep fanning myself, ugh, to even be able to stay awake.
Tuesday, had a massage after work, which was awesome. I needed it badly. My one shoulder is always so much higher than the other when I go in, and I have no idea what I do to make it that way. But, I felt much better afterwards. Yay.
Wednesday, had dinner with my friend, Nancy, from law school, after work. We ate at Portofino's, and it was really yummy, as usual. It is nice to sit on the deck and gossip......
Went to Kohl's today because I had a 30% off coupon I wanted to use. Of course, when I have a coupon, there is never much I really like at the store, LOL. I wanted to buy a couple new blankets for our bed though, as the two we use the most are starting to , andwear out. So, I bought two blue blankets here and here (my room is shades of blue). Ended up buying Kurt a few shirts on clearance racks (2 dress shirts for work, a casual Ralph Lauren polo like shirt, and a Tigers shirt). Bought myself two bras on the clearance rack (SCORE) and ended up buying a Shark steam mop, after Mindy recommended them a while back. They clean solely with steam, which I like, since a lot of cleaners can be harmful for the dogs and bugsy. I tried it out a little bit on our living room floor and it seems to work really well!
Jessica, one of the attorneys at our office, got really sick on Thursday. She went to the doctor who said she either had strep or mono. I was really hoping it was not mono because that could mean she could be out of work for weeks.......This morning, she texted me that it is strep, so yay for that. Mono in adults can be really bad, I have heard. Plus, I need her at the office. Monday was already crazy, and I had to move a bunch of stuff around. I was not looking forward to doing that for weeks on end. We kinda just schedule whatever on the calendar because with 4 attorneys, we can cover everything. With 3, it makaes it a little more tricky.
It's so weird football season has started. It does not feel like football season weather.
Other than that, not much going on! Work has been pretty busy, and I have kinda felt a little tired lately, so I have kinda just been trying to rest at night. Hope everyone else is having a great weekend.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
1. The phone rings. Who do you want it to be? The lottery commission telling me that I won a lot of money. Enough to retire and do whatever I want, and enough for me to give lots to my friends and family as well.
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? Most of the time. if the weather is really bad, or the cart return is really far away, I might not.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? Depends on the situation. But, more often, a talker.
4. Do you take compliments well? Not at all. I have no idea why. I think it is my former shy self coming out.
5. Do you play Sudoku? No, but I would like to learn
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? Probably.
7. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? Yes. Cheerleading camp, Bible camp....I worked at a camp too.
8. What was your favorite game as a kid? We loved games when I was a kid. Outside, we loved kickball, hide and seek, tag, whatever. Inside, we loved Monopoly, and almost any board game.
9. Would you slow dance with someone that you knew was married? My husband, totally! :). haha. Real answer, it Depends. If like a wedding and it was a family member or close friend, yes. Some random guy asking me to dance at a bar? Absolutely not.
10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you? Sure, but it would depend on how extreme the differences were
11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued? Be pursued.
12. Use three words to describe yourself. Ambitious, funny, adventurous
13. Do any songs make you cry? Sometimes. Depends on the song and other details.
14. Are you continuing your education? heck no. i went as far as I ever want to.
15. Do you know how to shoot a gun? I could shoot one, but I have never really shot anything except a bb gun.
16. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed? My pets.
17. How often do you read books? Not very often. I read magazines more.
18. Do you think more about the past, present or future? All three. mostly, the present though. I dont like to dwell on the past, and I dont like being daydreamy.
19. What is your favorite children’s book? Harold and the Purple crayon, for sure.
20. What color are your eyes? Green.
21. How tall are you? 5’8
22. Where is your dream house located? Somewhere in Central America. Yet TBD
23. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth? Yes
24. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? I think its been about a month or so.
25. What is the furthest place you traveled today? To Detroit.
26. Do you like mustard? Love.
27. Do you prefer to sleep or eat? sleep.
28. Do you look like your mom or dad? both, but more like my mommy.
29. How long does it take you in the shower? depends, but around 10 minutes on average.
30. Can you do the splits? not currently.
31. What movie do you want to see right now? Meh. Not a huge movie person. I do want to see the next Sex and the City movie though
32. Do you think The Grudge was scary? Never saw it.
33. Do you own a camera phone? Yes.
34. Was your mom a cheerleader? no.
35. What’s the last letter of your middle name? E
36. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? around 7 usually.
37. Do you like Care Bears? they are adorable.
38. What do you buy at the movies? a frozen drink usually. and i steal some of kurt's popcorn.
39. Do you know how to play poker? Yep, and I love it.
40. Do you wear your seatbelt? Usually.
41. What do you wear to sleep? Nothing.
42. Anything big ever happen in your hometown? Not out of the ordinary
43. How many meals do you eat a day? 2
44. Is your tongue pierced? No.
45. Do you like funny or serious people better? Funny. Mixed with a little bit of serious.
46. Ever been to L.A.? Yes.
47. Did you eat a cookie today? No.
48. Do you use cuss words in other languages? Once in a great while i call Kurt a 'lort'. And I can swear in Spanish.
49. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads? Pay.
50. Do you hate chocolate? No, but it's not my fav.
51. What do you and your parents fight about the most? Not at all.
52. Are you a gullible person? Sometimes.
53. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy? No, but I am much happier having Kurt in my life.
54. If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what would it be? Photographer for a nature, sports, or travel magazine
55. Are you easy to get along with? For the most part. i have high expectations from others though, and sometimes, I just should not.
56. What is your favorite time of day? Anytime Im not at work.
Sunday, August 09, 2009
Anyway, had a nice Sunday. Met Rebecca and Lea for lunch at Pete's Garage. Lea was driving home to Ashland, and has been wanting to try Pete's since Rebecca always raves about it, so we all had lunch there. It was nice to see both of them, and to see Lea's "bling" (which is her nickname for her engagement ring, haha). After that, I forced myself to get a pedi/mani. Yes, forced. I really did not feel like going, but needed to since I wear a lot of heeled sandals to work. Anyway, I headed to the place I usually go to in Monroe, and they are CLOSED. No! Like permanently. Ugh. So, I found another place. They did a really good job, but I had to wait a little bit. I guess everyone had the same idea as me today with the horrible weather. Headed to Meijer after that to grocery shop, then headed home for the night.
Found an awesome deal on shoes tonight! I had a gift cert to use at amazon, and amazon had a coupon for $20 off if you spent $80 if you bought shoes from shoemall.com. I ended up getting these from Sofft:
Anyway, hope everyone else had a nice weekend! :).
|Are you a feminist? |
Your Result: There is a strong feminist inside you! Let it out!
You are concerned about women's rights but feel uneasy taking an active role as a feminist. You feel uneasy calling yourself a feminist because you don't want the labels that come with it. You are proud of the steps women have taken to achieve what they have so far but feel that the worst is over. You have not realized yet the psychological role that society plays in degrading women in today's age where women are more inclined to turn against eachother for the affections of a guy when they don't realize that in actuality, they are constantly in competition with one another because that is how society has made it. You are on the right track but there are still so many things you need to become aware of!
|You are a full blooded feminist!|
|You are being held back by society's constrictions|
|Are you a misogynist!?|
|Are you a feminist?|
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
Saturday, August 08, 2009
What is UP with my lack of posting lately? No idea.
I was in court a LOT this week. Kurt has beenn day trading again, thus I have to make appearances in court. I actually have been kinda enjoying it, minus the waits for my cases to get called. I like talking to other lawyers and seeing the Judges, watching some of the crazy hearings that happen, LOL.
This week has been exhausting. Kurt found a dog tick in the house and so we have been cleaning and treating EVERYTHING. We moved all the living room furniture to the basement, as well as our mattress and box springs. So, every night after work, I have been cleaning or doing excessive amounts of laundry, etc. AARGH. We also took the dogs for baths and gave them tick and flea treatments. So, a lot of work on top of normal work stuff. Ugh. I hope we have taken care of the issue.
Last night, we had dinner with our friend Gary and his girlfriend. We had not seen him in a while, so it was fun.......Ate at Dolce Vita and stayed there quite a long time talking. I was the only one not drinking, yet again. I think I am totally boring, LOL, but whatever. ;). Today, I did some work around the house, then we ran into town to run some errands....I want to get some new living room furniture, but saw nothing I liked at any of the stores we went to. I want to move the living room furniture to the basement, but will just wait until I find something I like. We are kinda picky because of the dogs and because of comfort. Went to dinner at Vaqueros and came home. Watched the Tigers lose BADLY and am trying to relax now.
Oscar has been panting really excessively lately, so we ran him to the vet. I googled the condition and was of course, convinced it could be something bad. The vet found nothing, and said it might be related to the humidity, or changes/stress (all the moving of furniture and stuff lately and the flea/tick meds). So, we opted out of xrays and blood work and will monitor him a few more days and see how he acts. He seems really warm, but he did not have a fever. Poor buddy.
Anyway. Even though I have not been posting, not much exciting going on......:). Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend thus far.
a hardcore liberal.
You believe in governmental action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all, and that it is the duty of the State to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Believe that people are basically good.
Conservative or Liberal
Take More Quizzes
Sunday, August 02, 2009
We worked late Thursday night, then Friday night, had dinner at our normal sushi joint. And had much better service than last week. We saw the server from last week, who did not wait on us because she was TRAINING someone. Found that hilarious.......Worst waitress there, training someone else. I am kinda scared for the future of the place......Stopped at Elder Beerman to try and find someone new to wear to the reunion. Bought Kurt a Perry Eliis short sleeved dress shirt that is green and white, and ended up buying myself a Laura Ashley green necklace and three new shirts at Sears. I could not believe I found shirts at Sears, I usually do not like that store, but they actually had some cute stuff that was CHEAP. All on sale. Weirdest thing happened at Elder Beerman. I was looking for shirts for Kurt and I hear this guy say "You can't surprise me with a gift if I can see what you are buying..." I looked around and realized he was talking to me. he then says "Are you married"? Seriously, he asked that. I said yes. He then says "How come all the ones I want to date are married"? I think I said something like, "Yea, that does suck for you." I literally HATE getting hit on. It makes me uncomfortable and I do not in any way encourage it, and it still freaking happens all the time, but not usually this obviously. He then says "How about a hug?" I was like WHAT??? I kinda laughed and walked away. Wow.
Saturday, slept in, then started packing and getting ready to head to Bay City for Kurt's class reunion. We drove up and got there early so we went and had dinner, as we had no idea if the reunion would have fish or veggie options. Got ready for the reunion. I had no idea what to wear. Kurt told me not to wear anything too fancy, as it's "Pinconning" and nobody dresses up. So, I went ion between. I wore a newer black shirt I bought on Friday night, and one of my summery skirts from Ann Taylor that is green, white and black, with Bandolino heels and a cute new green necklace. The reunion, surprisingly, was a lot of fun. Met a lot of people....The music was great (all 80s pretty much). Kurt pretty much got trashed, but since we rarely drink, it was pretty amusing. I had one drink at the start of the night. The hotel was really nice too, and it was nice to simply take the elevator to our room afterwards and not have to drive home. Kurt pretty much passed out as soon as we got back to the room, and I watched some Suze Orman then fell asleep....
Went to Pinconning after the reunion today to take Kurt's mom to lunch and give her some pics I had printed for her. Drove home and have pretty much just chilled. I wanted to go get a pedi, but was too lazy to drive into monroe. Took a walk around the yard and played around with my macro lens, worked out, and played some arcade games.........
Hope everyone had a nice weekend!