Monday, December 10, 2007

Not Enough Time

Gosh. It is 11 at night, I am in dark, in bed, my husband is sleeping and my pug (Oscar) is snoring. I am not quite tired yet, so I am sitting up, typing this, because I have not posted in a while and need to. Don't really have anything important to say, but need to post before I forget.....

Went to dinner on Saturday night with Julia and Tony. It was so nice to see her (and him of course, LOL). Kurt is going to be in the wedding now too, standing up for Tony. So we talked about some wedding stuff, everything else going on in life stuff too. It was a really nice meal and at one of my fav places, Eastside Mario's. I had an awesome baked ziti and salad. Yum. We worked all weekend, so that was the extent of the fun of my weekend. Sad, I know. But the price I must pay for leaving for vacay THIS SATURDAY. Can you believe it? It has snuck up on us all so quickly.......

Went tonight and bought two really kewl backpacks. I can't find the ones I bought on the site, as I think they are now discontinued, but they are similar to these and I got them on clearance, which rocks. I am hoping we can pack just in those and avoid suitcases. I know I can do it, the question is, can Mr. Overpacker Husband of mine? I have faith, I think he can! :). I dont know how to get around taking and checking our make-up bag (the name i call the bag we put shampoo, contact solution, etc. in). Trial size that can go on the plane just are not big enough and I require certain products I am guessing I cannot purchase in Panama. Oh well. Am going to try and go this week and buy Kurt some hiking shoes as well, and a pair for me with no open toes. Panama has a LOT of snakes, and my hiking shoes (the ones Rebecca gave me, thanks again, are open toed). Dick's Sporting Goods supposedly carries them, so I will look there. Our bug sprays all came in the mail today too so I am set with that.

Got some sample mashed potatoes in the mail today for Kurt to try. He liked them, but did not find them spectacular or anything. For those of you that are wondering what the heck I am talking about, I test products every once in a while for companies and fill out surveys about them. I get the oddest things. Right now, I am testing a vibrating hair brush and the potatoes. Hate the brush. It's too out there for me. It does seem to give my hair more body though.

Anyway, this post is way too freaking random because I am half asleep. Will try to post more when I am more coherent.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm so jealous!! Have fun on vacation!! I'll be here waiting for you, in the -24C cold :P :P

RoseAnn said...

Your trip to Panama sounds glorious!

How did you get started testing products? I could see myself enjoying that, although not the vibrating hairbrush. ;)

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Haha. I have no idea. I am signed up on a lot of sites to fill out surveys, etc. and get paid sometimes. Anyway, some of those sites will sometimes send me surveys that result in them asking me if I will test a product. For the brush one, I get like $20. Sometimes, you dont get anything except to keep the product. Two weeks ago, they had my dogs test dog food.

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Also, Roseann, do you have a blog? If so, can you tell me the address?