Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sports and Babies

Friday night, I went to the Tigers game with Rebecca. She came to the office so we could head down together to have dinner beforehand. Places are crazy busy before Tigers' games, so we ended up at this place called Small Plates. It was OK. My fish tacos were yummy, but the service was slow, Rebecca did not like her food, and the prices were kinda high. But, we did get free dessert because of this! :). Dr. John, Rebecca's client, gave her the tickets, so those were free too! And great seats. The weather was perfect, and I had a great time, even though the Tigs lost. The fireworks after the game were fab. As always. Got home and was super tired.....

Saturday, we worked and got a ton done. That was about it though. We did stop at Adray Camera afterwards to look at camera lenses and binoculars. Kurt broke his and needs new ones and I am looking for a lens with image stabilization, similar to what I have now (that won't break the bank). Anyway, I looked online, but it's hard online to really see how large the lens is, etc. Anyway, Kurt found binoculars he likes and I found a new lens I want. I wanted to pay cash for the stuff though, which we did not have with us, so I have to go back. In the meantime, I found the lens online cheaper and some binoculars online that are similar but nicer. Stopped at Lowe's after that to pick up some fill dirt and grass seed and came home for the night. I had to run to Target to buy gifts for a baby shower too.

Today, had that baby shower for Char in Wyandotte at Portofino's. Really nice shower. Char looked adorable and the party was very classy and nice. Good food too, I had a fish sandwich. After that, came home and got ready for Tim's retirement party at the Mud Hens game in Toledo. I got to go on the field with him, as he threw out the first pitch. Took pics of that, and his granddaughter said "play ball" so I got pics of that as well. Really fun time. While there, we ran into Steve and Marilyn, our friends from Kurt's IRS days. They were in another Suite, so we hung out in both places. Came home and am chillin now before bed. Busy day!

Anyway, hope everyone had a nice weekend......I took more pics at the games, but I am too tired to put them up now. Will post later.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I want that other pic of us in color too! Cute pictures :)

Nancy said...

Are you always on the right side when you take pics?? hehehe

Lori Anne Haskell said...

haha, why AM I always on the right side. So odd. LOL.

Dirt said...

Hey nice blog, thanks for checking out woosk!

I know Rebecca!

Dirt said...

Oh and if you want to swap links let me know!

Travis
woosk.com

Lori Anne Haskell said...

how do you know rebecca??? You realize who I am, right?