Thursday, December 07, 2006

Or Maybe Not

Worked an extremely long, tiring day yesterday. We were here from 9:15 a.m. until about 9:30 p.m. Ugh. At least we got a lot of stuff done. After a certain time at night, the phone barely rings, so I can actually draft things and not get interrupted every two seconds. But, also once a certain amount of time has been worked, I start getting exhausted. I think my breaking point was about 8:30 a.m.

I got so annoyed at this guy at work yesterday. I had already had a long day, and he stopped it here chewing me out for NO REASON WHATSOEVER. He basically was stressed because he had court yesterday (which went fine). The trustee asked for some additional information (which is normal and means nothing), so he had brought it into me to fax over. When he was here, he was all concerned about having to provide additional information. I told him it was no big deal, this happens all the time (the request of more info). I told him if they wanted anything else I would let him know. This is when he had a breakdown and started yelling at me because Kurt was not at his hearing and we had another attorney cover them. Umm, yea. We do that. We pay another attorney to appear at some hearings for us so we have time to be in the office. Bankruptcy hearings for Chapter 7 cases are not difficult. Paul actually does more of the hearings than we do now, because we have him cover almost all of ours. So, he is completely competent. Anyway, I was pissed the guy was throwing a fit over it. He somehow thought the trustee would not have asked for more info if Kurt was there instead. Umm, no, this trustee asks for extra info in almost ALL our cases. But, this guy was not having any of that. He was convinced Paul covering the hearing was his freaking downfall. AARGH. He left. I called Kurt to bitch and he came back and actually said he was sorry for taking his stress out on me. Well, thanks for getting me all worked up for nothing buddy, on a day that I have to work over 12 hours. People drive me nutty sometimes. It's one thing if you have a reason to complain, but when you don't, just think before you say things. Ok, done venting.

Then, got home and of course, had no heat. It was supposed to be working and was not again. I have a new furance. It should work, don't you think? I am beginning to wonder if I will ever be warm again. It has been an average of 65 degrees in our house for like a week now. I called this morning and they are going over there again, but I am questioning if heat will ever be restored. Thank God I have not paid these people yet, because I know it would be a hassle to get them back over there if I had.

Anyway, I should not post in the morning when I have had to get up early, because I realize I am complaining way too much, LOL. Today should be a better day. Misty is in today, so I don't have to answer the phone as much, and I can get a bunch of paperwork done. Yay.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day :( I think you need to have a cocktail with me on Saturday and we can both forget about our crappy days :)