So, I spent the afternoon at a vet clinic in Ann Arbor that our vet sent us to so Toby could get an ultrasound. Got there and waited 45 minutes for the vet to come in and talk to me. Took a short nap with Toby on my lap sleeping. Came in and did a short exam, asked some questions, took him back for the ultrasound. 20 minutes later came out and showed me the results, which showed his lymphnoids (sp?) enlarged. His guess was lymphoma or inflammatory bowel syndrome, but Toby's condition was not advanced enough to tell just from the ultrasound. So, they next did a biopsy on the lymphnoid to look at the cells under a microscope. Apparently, this was not conclusive either and it was sent to a pathologist in Colorado. Soooo, now we wait for that. If it is IBS, it is treatable with medication. if it is cancer, it is somewhat treatable, but not curable. And the treatment would make him suffer more than he already is right now, so most likely we will have to put him to sleep. Blah. so, I guess I will know more details once the biopsy comes back. Hopefully, it is good news, but I think both Kurt and I are expecting the worst, so either way we will get through it.