Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New Beginnings

Lots of stuff going on at the office.

Shannon started work on Monday and has been following us around for hearings. Kurt decided today that he is no longer doing most family law cases. There are a few he has going on that he is going to finish up, but other than that, Holly and I are going to do all the cases. He is psyched about that decision, as family law has never really excited him. He would much rather focus on our other areas, which is fine, because Holly and I both like family court.

I finally found a new briefcase online this weekend! I have had the same one for over 5 years, which is crazy to me since I get at least one new purse a year and a briefcase should be the same in replacement and time, I think! :). My current briefcase is actually still in great condition, considering it's been 5 years, so I will save it as a backup. The new one I got for a great discount on Gilt, and it is made by Furla. Hopefully, I like it when it comes.



Oh, weighed in on Sunday and I am down another 1.5 pounds. Total of 17.5, which is crazy to me, since I have been so busy at work and not had time to work out every night like I would like to. Still following The Daily Plate religiously, and loving it because it holds me so accountable. I guess I never realized before how much crap we eat by eating out, ordering in, etc. I am discovering so many different food options and stuff too which allow me to have stuff I crave like salty and sugary snacks, but still follow the rules of TDP. Great, great site. So many of my clothes are getting huge as well (mostly pants and skirts), so I think a Birch Run shopping trip may be on the table in November! :).

Off topic, but I really want to buy one of those chest freezers. Now that I am eating at home more, it would be nice to have since my freezer is always totally stuffed. I went to look at one at Sears, but the delivery charge was stupid compared to the product cost. I just could not pay it. I may need to borrow a truck or something.

We are having some minor work done at the office as well, hired a guy to paint most of the office, i.e. the front lobby, hallway, Kory's office, my office. The other three offices have been painted recently so they will stay the same. I am painting my office purple, so I am excited about that. I wanted pink, but decided that would be too girly, so a deep kinda plum it is. :). Hopefully I like it, because it's pretty out there, but I am guessing I will. I like old there colors.

Anyway, exhausted, off to bed. Hope everyone had a great weekend! :).

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

You can rent a truck for $20/hour at Home Depot, or if I was going to be down there anytime soon, we could take my car, my 3 cubic foot chest freezer fit in there just fine :)

COL said...

LOVE the bag!!!!

Megan said...

That is so awesome about your weigh loss. Congrats. I would love to loose 10 to 15 lbs. Maybe more. I've created a log in on the Daily Plate but it just seems so complicated. I can't figure it out! Any help you can offer, I'd appreciate.

Lori Anne Haskell said...

good idea re home depot rebecca. did not even think of that! Thanks Colleen! And Megan, TDP is super easy. I only really use the part where you click on The Plate and log your daily food. You just type in what you eat, it pops up, and you track.

Candice said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Cute bag.

Lisa said...

Love, love the bag!

Lori Anne Haskell said...

the bag came and I totally love it. Perfect size for a briefcase, professional, yet completely girly at the same time and high end. LOVE.

Rachael said...

I LOVE Furla! They closed their store here in Seattle :(

Lori Anne Haskell said...

rach, I am lovingthe bag. used it for th first time at court today.