Sunday, July 10, 2005

Week Behind in Posting

I have been so busy this week, I have not posted in a while (for me anyway).


Friday was an interesting day. I had to argue my very first Motion in front of a Judge in a real life courtroom. I was so nervous the entire day leading up to it. I was very prepared, but I always stress myself out over stuff like this. Anyway, the Motion was heard in front of Judge Colombo, Jr. of the Wayne County Circuit Court. It was my Motion for Summary Disposition. The case was regarding a car accident. Anyway, I was petrified, but something came over me when I was actually up there in front of Judge. I LOVED IT! I wore a really cute black suit and green shirt I bought the day before. :). I really knew the facts of the case and the law, and just before the hearing that day, I came across some new information that really helped support my case. It also really threw my opponent off guard. I realized that all the Affadavits attached to his Response were not signed OR notarized (which is required under Michigan law). So, in essence, it was like the documents were not even attached, and those documents were pretty much all his evidence. Anyway, the Judge was really hard on both of us (because the professor told him to be), but I totally answered all his questions right away and did not stress at all. LOVED it. I can't wait until I am a real lawyer and get to go to court on real cases.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job!

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone! I hope all is well and I look forward to be a great contributor to this community. Feel free to introduce yourself so I can get to know you better...