Sunday, October 29, 2006

More on My Weekend

So, Friday night, Rebecca came over and we all went to dinner at Pete's Garage. Rebecca thought that Pete's Garage was going to be one counter that we all sat at. Umm, no. We had a table and everything, hun, Rebecca? Anyway, watched part of the pathetic Tigers game there, then came home to watch them lose. We are all losers. We were all sitting here, all on laptops. Yea. 4 laptops, one living room. I got tired around midnight, possibly from the insanity of so much news in one day, so Rebecca and Kory watched The Big Lebowski and she spent the night because it was late and raining at 2 a.m. when the movie was over...........

The next day, I ran a bunch of errands. I kinda realized that I have like no clothes to be a lawyer or a board member in. Whoops. While not wanting to jinx my bar results, I have left myself in a quandry regarding all supplies necessary to function in my new positions. So. I first went and got a mani-pedi. Those should be required to appear in court, right? HAHA. After that, went to TJ Maxx and Kohl's and got a ton of stuff for great deals. At Maxx, I bought two pairs of black dress shoes, three pairs of dress pants for days at the office (not court), and a new Nine West purse. It is red and so super cute and lawyerly. Then, at Kohl's, I bought two new suits, 4 dress shirts, a pair of brown dress shoes, a bunch of trouser socks.......I feel like I can get by with this stuff at least until I have time to outlet shop. I need to get to a Kasper outlet and some others. Need a Birch Run weekend. That night, Kurt and I went to dinner with Auntie and Carl at Quatro's, so I got to fill them in on the craziness of this week. It was really fun.

Today, I headed to Ferndale. Rebecca wanted to use me as a guinea pig in Thai massage. I really, really liked it. It was totally different than any massage I have even gotten, but in a good way. After that, we had lunch at Monterry in Royal Oak, and stopped at the Old Navy Outlet. Then I came home and grocery shopped and have been in the rest of the night.

Am tired now! Have a meeting at 9 with for the board stuff, so I need to get to bed and will write more soon!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't believe you let that Rebecca massage you...have you heard where her hands have been?

So glad you liked your massage, and I'm so proud of you and all of your accomplishments, I never doubted you once! And I'm glad that I have a laptop so I can feel included in the family.

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Yea, it was a fully clothed massage, so I think I am OK! LOL.

And thanks freak, I doubted myself constantly, so I am glad my family and friends believed in me......:).

Kelsie said...

CONGRATS Lori! That is fantastic news. You are going to be a great lawyer and board member!! Woo-hoo!!!!!