Friday, October 13, 2006

TIRED

Me, going out during the week, causes me to be tired at work the entire next day. Ugh.

Went to a show last night in Ann Arbor with my friend, Nancy. The show was called The Pajama Game, and was at the Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre. The show was funny, the music was great.........The theatre was nice too. I had never been there before, and all the seats in the place seemed good. We were at the back of the main floor, and I could see everything and hear everything perfectly. And, the seats were only $16.00! Which is awesome. Had dinner at Bennigan's before the show and I was psyched to find out that they now have a black bean burger...I know this is not exciting to the general population, but to me, being a vegetarian, I am always psyched to see restaurants starting to cater towards people other than the meat-eating crowd.......

OK. The kewlest thing just happened to me this morning. I got a thing in the mail saying I had a certified letter at the post office, from the state of TN. I immediately was nervous, because who gets certified letters from states other than that they live in? Kurt says "Lori, you have never done anything wrong in your life, just go pick it up." So, finally, this morning, I did. Kory was in the car and was like "WHAT IS IT?" So, I opened it. And.....it was a letter from the state of TN. Long story short, I bought a luxury sink for the bathroom upstairs on eBay for $400.00 a while back. It came, and it was missing parts. It also took about 3 months to be delivered. I called, emailed, wrote the guy and he would not contact me back. So, Kurt just went to Lowe's and bought the extra parts, no big deal, just a waste of my time and money. The parts were under $30.00. Anyway, being me, I complained to the state of TN, the federal Internet board, yada yada. Anyone and everyone I could. Looks like it paid off! The state of TN ended up suing the guy criminally, and reached a settlement. I got a check in the envelope for $400.00, which is what I paid for the sink to begin with! So, I have this sink in my bathroom, that retails for like $1500.00+ and I got it for free!


Thus, I say, Friday the 13th is now officially LUCKY for me! :).

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay!!!

Lisa said...

What a way to start the weekend! And I didn't know you were a vegetarian.

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Yep, Lisa, I am! I do eat seafood, but no other meat....Have been for 2 years.

RachelSW said...

Getting a check in the mail is always a nice thing! My sister has the same diet as you. When she gets sick though, she does consume chicken noodle soup sometimes.

Anonymous said...

That's a super fun story about the sink. I love super fun stories.

Amy Martin said...

AWESOME!! I love those kind of stories... especially when there's unexpected $400 checks involved :)

Amy Martin said...

PS- Yahooooooo for the Tigers! WORLD SERIES!!

Shannon said...

Good for you!
and YAY TIGERS!!!

Kelsie said...

YAY! That is super exciting. Unexpected money is always a nice surprise!!!