Thursday, January 29, 2009

Crazy Weather

OMG, Tuesday was crazy with the weather here. Now that it has cleared up, it is almost like it never happened.....

Anyway, recap of the day. Kurt and I both had to drive to work, as we had court hearings in Detroit and Ann Arbor. Kurt had court at 830 in Detroit, I had court at 1000 in Ann Arbor. We left the house super early in order to try to get to the office by 800. The roads were HORRIBLE. It was like none of the cities plowed roads. Even I-75 was not salted or plowed. Then, there were multi-accidents on the highway, cars galore off the side of the road. Stopped traffic. We finally got to the office at like 850 or so. Kurt left immediately, and I called all the courts to tell them Kurt would be late (which they understood with the roads). Jessica got to the office and was coming with me, so we left around 900. It usually take me about 30 minutes to get to Ann Arbor. We got there at 1010. My clients were not there, but neither was the trustee. Normally, a 1000 bankruptcy hearing means I will be out of there by, at the latest, 1030. We left there at like 1140 because the trustee was so late. In the meantime, I found out that kurt did not get to Detroit until 950 (slightly late for his 830 hearing, LOL). Jessica and I left and went to get on the highway. To stopped traffic. A guy came up to our car and told us he had been sitting there for 2.5 hours already. So, Jessica and I backed up the ramp. Yea, first I have ever done that. We ended up using her GPS to find another highway, and get back to the office. At like 150. What a day. Kurt finally got back to the office at like 210. The weather and roads were just insane. I am glad to have that day over with, for driving anyway. I almost got into an accident like 10 times.

Went and got a massage on Monday night. My back has been KILLING me, as I think I pinched a nerve or muscle or something. She worked on me and I feel slightly better, but I am really screwed up and need more than one session, I think. She said that basically, in between my ribs, my muscles are all knotted up in a TON of knots. Nice. I have no idea how I did that. My body gets so screwed up from stress, AARGH.

My Sephora order came today! Yay! And Kory put our mailbox up, so no more fighting with the stupid post office.

Filed a ton of bankruptcies today, which was nice. When I started filing, I got one of our fav trustees, so I just kept filing. Yay!

Weirdly, we have worked so much this week, I don't really remember if anything elses exciting has happened!

Today is my Grama's 83rd bday though! Happy Birthday grama! We are going to dinner on Saturday night to celebrate........

5 comments:

Rachael said...

thank goodness for GPS! hope your back gets better!

Megan said...

Sorry for the crazy weather :( Snowy weather days are always best spent at home!

The massage sounds wonderful... aren't they great? I need to schedule one myself!

Jennifer said...

Love the whole GPS thing and can't imagine how I ever got around without one!

What do you mean, once you started filing, you kept going since you got one of your favorite trustees? Did you have all the paperwork ready already?

Hope those knots get undone soon, when's the next vacay?!

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Yep, we had about 6 cases here to file. I normally only file 3 at a time, but if we get a fav trustee, we file a bunch of them.

Nancy said...

Have a great weekend!!