Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sundays with the Zoo and Sushi Rock

This morning, I got up and headed to Ferndale to go to the zoo and to lunch with Rebecca. Got to meet her doggie, Simon, who I am officially in love with now. What a sweet baby......

Headed to the zoo to see the animals. Got in for free because Rebecca has a membership (yay for free). I think my fav exhibit was the polar bears. The Detroit Zoo did an amazing job with this exhibit. I also liked the lions, tigers.....OK, I liked everything! :). Click here to see my pics of lunch and the zoo.



After that, we headed to Royal Oak. The place we wanted to try was closed, so we went to a place called Katana instead. All I have to say is YUM. It was so great. We just ordered a few things and shared, my fav being the shrimp tempura roll, I think. Never had that one anywhere else and it was awesome. The place was very classy and laidback. I love sushi!



Got home, and Kurt had cleaned the cars. He seems to think it is Spring, even though it was only 30 degrees once I got home. He got both the Porsches out, vacuumed, cleaned them. He is nuts. But, this weekend, it is supposed to be 60, so perhaps we WILL get to drive them........





I am so annoyed none of my shows are on tonight. I hate freaking award shows.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

That first porsche looks like a toy car next to Kurt! He looks so tall!
Love the pics of the zoo...it looks like it was so cold!

Lori Anne Haskell said...

It actually was not bad at all, around 40 degrees. :). Could have been warmer, but 40 is pretty warm for winter in MI!

Shannon said...

I love the "monkey love" pic!

Your car does look tiny next to Kurt..so funny!

As for your pottery, not everything that is beautiful is perfect. I am sure its wonderful because you made it with your friend, so it will make you smile every time you look at it.

Rebecca said...

I agree with Cynthia, the first car looks like a toy car! I want a toy car!

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Cynthia: The car is tiny...but Kurt is kinda tall, 6'0! :).

Shannon: awwww, thanks Shannon! I am usually such a perfectionist, maybe I need to give myself a break sometimes, hun? And i do smile when I see it, you are right!

Rebecca: The second car pic is the one I was talking about taking to Chicago. The first one is only a two seater........:). Oh, and I am sure Kurt would be happy to give you a ride in the toy car.