We are waiting in Chicago for our flight to Detroit. It has been a LONG day of travelling and I will be thrilled to be home to see the pugs and Bugsy. We had to get up at 415 a.m. and flew from Quito to Miami to Chicago and soon to Detroit, if we are not delayed. No delays yet, but I guess Chicago and american airlines are known for that.....
We had an amazing time in Galapagos. I have not downloaded anything yet, but I think I took about 700+ pictures. I actually filled one memory card, which I have never done. I had another one though, so it was fine. I spent a lot of time in the water, which is rare for me since Kurt does not like water stuff, and I loved it. I could snorkel for hours and not get tired of it.
I will leave you with a couple highlights and lowlights of the trip, until I get home and can download pics and do a trip report.
1. Snorkeling with penguins, sharks, and sting rays. oh, and a snake eel!
2. The guides and crew on the ship
3. The amazing hikes where we saw so much wildlife, none of which was scared of us. I love baby sea lions.
1. Food. The food was OK. enough where I did not go hungry, but nothing to rave about.
2. Constantly being around PEOPLE. I think that's part of the reason I don't like cruises, is you almost always have to be social unless you stay in your room.
3. The layovers on the flights. UGH.
Merry Christmas everyone! Or Happy Holidays! :). Hope everyone had a nice holiday.