Sunday, December 28, 2008

Messages


I came upstairs from working out last night and saw I had like three missed calls, including two voice mails on my phone, from my Dad and my Aunt Marlene. I immediately freaked out, thinking something was wrong with my Grama. So, I called my Aunt back and found out that my Aunt Karen (the one I was just on vacation with), was in the hospital. Of course, nobody knew anything, and was asking me how she was on vacay, to which I responded, fine, until the last day. On the way home, she was coming down with a cold, but that was about it. Well, apparently, her cold escalated into a 106 degree fever and pneumonia! I finally got a hold of her friend, Carl, who had taken her to the clinic and then hospital, who told me that they were releasing her and that she had pneumonia. Still have not talked to her directly, so I don't know more than that.........Then, my Aunt Marlene and Dad were stressing out because they both were trying to call my Grama to tell her about my Aunt Karen, and my Grama was not answering her phone. They ended up calling the apartment she lives in and the front desk told them that there was a leak in her apartment that had screwed up here phone line. Phew. I was like "NO MORE ANYONE GETTING SICK!!!"

So, Kurt and I went into the office on Friday morning, since we had appointments. We totally did not want to be there. Met with the appointments, and decided to come home for a couple hours to nap. While home, a horrible snow and ice storm started. We saw a mail truck in a ditch on the main road near our house. We were supposed to be back in around 2 p.m. Walked outside and saw a car in the ditch right outside our house, and I told Kurt that I did not want to chance the drive in. So, we called Amanda and told her to call all appointments and reschedule, leave, and put up a sign that we were closing for the weather. I was thrilled to not to back in, even though I really need to finish going through the mail......Only got about three quarters through, but I did respond to all emails. The remainder of the weekend, we stayed home with the exception of one trip out to buy some groceries and buy calendars at the mall (since they are now 50% off). I finished another book, did my trip report and pics (which took forever), worked out all three nights, finished another Gilmore Girls disc, and lounged with the pugs.......

It is crazy how long it takes me to get back to normal after a vacation. the time difference was only an hour, but I am exhausted........Not looking forward to work tomorrow, but because of New Years Eve, it is another short work week, which rocks.....For New years Eve, Kurt and I are staying in and doing NOTHING and I can't wait!

No comments: