Saturday, December 13, 2008

Final Countdown

So, we leave Monday morning at 6:00 a.m.! Crazy, eh? I can't freaking wait. It will be so weird having no internet access and email for the majority of the trip. I may have withdrawals, but I think I will be OK. I am going to take my computer anyway, as the hotel in Quito has wireless for the two days we are there, and I can log my trip report each night on the boat as well so I don't forget anything. I think I will come back to like 2000 emails, LOL.

Yesterday was my and Kurt's 7th wedding anniversary. :). We have been together 12 years, and really count our dating anniversary moreso than our wedding, but still, it was our anniversary! Happy Anniversary to us! We spent the day in court and working, but went to dinner last night for sushi. Yum. I got EXHAUSTED at the end of dinner--I think the insanity of this week finally hit me. The office was pretty crazy with the 30 hearings we had as well as a lot of people coming in and things just needing to be set before our vacay. So, we came home and chilled and just went to bed. I put some laundry in and cleaned up the kitchen some, but I had no energy for anything else.

This morning, we went into the office for 3 hours, had two apppointments with new people and I filed 8 bankruptcies. That was time consuming, as I usually, at the most, file 3 at a time. I really wanted to get all of them sitting there filed before we left for vacay left. Only have three more to do, which I may try and do tomorrow when we go in. I also did a few things with family law, went through the Saturday mail and distributed, wrote out checks for all our bills due while we are gone............Came home and decided to run to Kohls and Kmart. I had a 15% off coupon for Kohl's, and both kurt and I really needed some new gloves. We have issues with gloves and knowing where they are......So, I got some great deals at Kohls. Bought two t-shirts (for vacay), one long sleeve dress shirt at work, a photo album for our recent Costa Rica trip, gloves for Kurt, gloves for me....All for under $70. Went to Kmart, I was looking for these cotton shorts I like for hiking. They did not have those, but I bought two throw blankets for $5 each. Throw blankets are another item that seen to disappear at our house, but I think they are in Kory's room......The pugs have appointments to get baths and nail trims at Petsmart at 5, and we need to pick up food for them and Bugsy for when we are gone......Oh, we stopped today and bought a life jacket for Kurt too. I guess the ones on the yacht are really bulky and hard to use while snorkeling, so we bought him a more compact one. Hopefully, it works well so he can see stuff in the water.

More later......

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I don't even need to tell you to have fun because I'm sure it will be the most amazing trip to date :)

Happy Anniversary

And Kurt is snorkeling now too? Quite the leaf he is turning over ;)

Brittany said...

Have fun on your trip! Can't wait to see the pics when you get back.

Rachael said...

ooh! How exciting! Hope you guys have a blast!

Unknown said...

Have a great trip, Lori! I can't wait to see pics when you get back :)

Jenn said...

Have a great time, Lori! Jason and I will celebrate 9 years of marriage on the 17th. People told us we were crazy for getting married in December, so I'm glad to see that we're not the only "crazy" ones. :o)

Amanda said...

Well - you're off on your trip now, so I hope you have a wonderful time...but I wanted to wish you guys a happy anniversary, too!! And many more! Safe travels!