Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Weirdness


Work this week has been....weird. There were wind and ice storms here near the office this weekend, and it had a lot of people out of power and screwed up the phones and such. We have power at the office, but the phones in the entire building are not working. And have not been since late Saturday night. The calls all go through to voice mail. So, I can call and get messages by using my cell, but cannot receive or make calls from the office phones. Which is a slight pain. Half of me is happy to not hear the phone ring excessively, the other half is annoyed I can't conduct business as normal. I am using my cell, but the reception is not fabulous in the office like the landline.

Kurt and I are staying in for New Years Eve, and I can't wait. New Years Eve is just not my holiday. I have had fun in prior years going out, but have not formally gone out in several years. It kinda annoys me how everything is overpriced, the menu selections are limited, and crowds and drunks are everywhere.....So, Kurt and I are staying in, making dinner, playing cards, and hanging with the pugs. It will rock! I will then sleep in on New Years Day, and proceed to do not much of anything that day. If I am feeling productive, I will finish unpacking from vacation. I have done about half of it, but still need to throw all the clothes in the washer.

I am currently planning Kurt's surprise day trip for February. If I had more time, I would join Mindy and Craig in London/Paris, but our trip is more like a 4 day weekend. I think I have chosen a place, but I cannot really talk about it because Kurt reads my blog and my secret blog sometimes. Bastard....I looked at flights today though, and I am pretty sure I can use miles to get the airfare free, which rocks. Will have to look into hotels and ffood dand stuff next. I ordered a book about the place online today, so when it comes, I will think more about all of that. Also ordered a book on Guyana, because I think that is where our May "lori bday trip" may be too. (If you are wanting to shoot me because I am not disclosing details on Kurt's trip here, email me and I will spill).

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I SO want the new trip details!! And I love how you put that 'bastard' in there, that's something I would do :)

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very fine......

Mindy said...

Yeah - that is looking like all Craig can do, too. Therefore, we are considering a San Francisco or Seattle trip. We shall see!

Lori Anne Haskell said...

I would lean towards San Fran, just because of the weather! :). I have always wanted to go to Seattle too though.......So its a no go on Europe? Bummer.....

Mindy said...

The weather in February in both Seattle and San Fran is cold and rainy! Which really, neither of us mind! It would be cold and rainy in Europe in February, too!

Yeah - regretfully, Europe is a no go until later in 09 . . . oh well!

Unknown said...

I'm totally with you regarding New Years. I'd much rather stay in and avoid the nonsense that goes on in restaurants and bars.

I'm so curious as to where you are taking Kurt. If you get a chance, email me!

Happy New Year Lori!

Nicole said...

I love the picture on this post. So cute!

Rachael said...

Lori, I was just about to tell you there is always Seattle. of course I am partial because I live here. :) and Yes, Seattle is cold in February and we get lots of cold, wet rain and snow off and on up until the end of March-sometimes into April. The Summer months are much nicer here. Besides, you have to bring Rebecca when you come!

Nancy said...

I wanna know too!