Monday, December 15, 2008

Bienvenidos a Miami

So, we are in Miami. I guess I forgot we had a fairly long layover here. The flight from Detroit to Miami was good, a tiny amount of turbulence, but nothing major. We got here, had a little bit of breakfast (I had an awesome everything bagel and Kurt had pizza (healthy breakfast, Kurt....LOL). Aunt Karen had already eaten something on the plane that I missed, because I slept the majority of the flight. Kurt did too, which is shocking........Now we are sitting here, after paying the $7.95 to surf the net (well worth it since we have a layover from 9:00 a.m. until like 235 p.m.......

Went to bed last night at like 900 p.m., but had to get up at 300 a.m. Ugh. So, technically got 6 hours of sleep, but I always sleep restlessly before early morning flights, because I am type A and thinking I will miss a flight or an alarm. Never had, but my mind works kinda crazy like that......

All of us have used the net, I called the office twice, called my Mom, called my Dad, Aunt Karen called Grama.....We keep hearing flights leaving to kewl places and we are all ready to get out of here and jump on those....There have been flights to Liberia, Belize City, Panama City......hehe.

Oh, and the Miami airport? Sucks. Every time I come here, which seems like a lot since it is the main layover airport (it and Houston) for Central America, I wonder why Miami does not have a more modern, upscale airport. the food selection sucks. Beside Au Bon Pain where I got my bagel, everything else is totally unhealthy and horrible and they have no sit down restaurants, at least in the layover area we are in. And it's ugly. And they barely have any plugs to recharge your stuff. But, i am excited to get out of here soon and to Quito and the turtles! :).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

1. I really hate you for being in Miami right now when it's freakin freezing up here in the north! :)

And

2. I recall searching high and lo for a stinking outlet in the Miami airport one year ago. Ah, memories...

Nancy said...

Have a great vacay!!

Lisa said...

Have a great vacation!!

Rachael said...

Remember when wifi was free in airports? wth happened? even the Seattle airport is charging now! and I thought the Miami airport was awful too. Mexico City has a better airport than Miami! Actually, I thought all of Miami was pretty awful. Ft. Lauderdale Airport is really close and was much nicer.

HAVE FUN!!