Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Where Did I Go?

I think I have officially gone batty.

OK, maybe not, but i have been doing some strange things lately.

Today, Rebecca, I got out my Kitchenaid Mixer! The one you said was really nice, but I have literally not touched since I fawned over it at my wedding shower in 2001? Yea, that one. I think I pretty much wanted it because it was cobalt blue (my fav color), and a must have item on a registry. We all know I do not spend much time baking or cooking in the kitchen. Tonight, I made Peanut Crisps. Yummy. And the mixer makes things SOOO much easier. Seriously, what was I thinking not using this beautiful machine before? Makes everything so much easier.

Last night, I made Kurt grilled halibut with an onion parsley sauce that I made from a recipe as well. These were super yummy too, but not from scratch. Found the potatoes at the grocery store in the frozen food section. Yum.

Seriously though, being sick and all, I have no idea what is going on with me, but I guess Kurt is benefitting from it, LOL.

Ordered the pics from our Labor Day Costa Rica trip today. Need to buy an album now. Also ordered two pairs of shoes for our upcoming trip. I did not want to lug around Kurt's Merrell hiking boots, so I ordered him some Keen hiking sandals and myself some new ones too by Ecco. I have one pair that the lovely Rebecca gave me, but I wanted one more so I can have two pairs on vacation.

Anyway, off to try to sleep off some more of this stupid cold. Sunday night, I started to feel sick, and by Monday, full fledged cold. Ugh. Hopefully it clears up soon. AARGH.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ummm yeah, I think that cold has made you a different person. What's going on in that house? First Kurt actually likes going to Pinconning and works out in the gym, then you are BAKING? Next you're going to tell me Kory started law school yesterday....yep, there is something strange going on in Newport...

:-P

Unknown said...

Ooh, we have the same mixer, but in white. Love it! :)
I want to eat your baked goods. hehe

Rachael said...

I have the mixer too! In Caviar (sparkly black). I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE it, I couldn't imagine life without it. But I cook and bake a lot. I dont understand what women did to make meringues and dough before. You should try making homemade whipped cream with it... you will never want to touch store bought, fake whipped cream (aka Cool Whip) again!
And there are so many attachments... the pasta maker and the graters etc.
I just bought a food processor earlier this year and that is a life changing machine too! Makes soups and pestos and salsa making so easy. I have a bit of a fetish for kitchen gadgets :)

Jennifer said...

I have the mixer too, in cobalt blue just like you! LOVE IT!

Mrs. Lukie said...

i NEED the mixer. But everyone tells me I'll never use it. I happen to think I'd bake more often, if I had it! (Keep that in mind for my wedding, dear friend). LOL!

Nancy said...

I want a mixer purely for decoration.. and to use the big bowl to toss salads... they're so pretty! hehe