Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Rambling Like Rory


I felt like I was running around all day like a chicken with my head cut off. Except I don't really like that image (being a vegetarian and all), so let's just go with I was way too freaking busy, thanks to Kurt scheduling 30+ hearings for us this week, to try and "get everything done before we leave for vacation". Ugh. My husband is insane. But, i have known that for some time....

Had two family law hearings this morning. One got a good result, the other settled the case with almost exactly what my client wants. Came back to the office, and had to turn around and go back downtown almost immediately for another hearing, which I may secret blog about. It was exasperating, but the case ended up settling. Don't like to public blog about annoying legal stuff and people, so the secret blog it may be.

So, I was only in the office a total of MAYBE an hour today. While there, i returned about 6 phone calls, made amendments to a Judgment of Divorce, checked my email, printed relevant emails, made changes to a Consent Order, talked to a client who stopped in, sent a couple emails to clients, drank half a Diet Cherry Coke, talked to my paralegal and secretary some, and bitched to Kurt about this attorney I had to deal with today who is horrible. Yea, I can do a lot in a short time period. I may be the ultimate multi-tasker. Ha.

Came home and made dinner. Wanted to use the leftover to die for cheesy potatoes, so I heated up those and made tuna patty melts, which were pretty good. I think I could add something to give them that something extra, but not sure what. Maybe some onion salt? Kurt liked them though, which is good. Worked out, watched The Gilmore Girls.......

Finally talked to my Mom today too. We keep missing each other, and she said it reminded her of that episode of The Gilmore Girls when rory is at Yale and her and her Mom keep leaving each other messages and end up not talking for like a week. Seriously, if you watch The Gilmore Girls and have seen a lot of the episodes, a LOT of things in life relate to that show. Kurt has been watching a TINY bit while working out with me, but he calls it a "girl show". I told him tonight the reason I like the name Luke is because of the show, and then I asked him if we could name our first kids Luke and Lorelei. I think he buys Luke, but for sure not Lorelei. And yea, he hates the name rory even more. Boo on him. And Patti and Babette did not get me anywhere either. HAHA. He wanted to know if anyone on the show has a normal name, and I said YES! Dean, Emily, Richard.........I am on Season 5 now, Rory's second year at Yale. Love this show. I am going to cry when I get done with them all. I truly don't think anything can measure up. It's classic.

So tomorrow, my goal is to get a LOT of paperwork done. I have no court, and very few appointments in the office. Assuming the phone behaves itself, and people stopping in remains calm, I have a very good chance.

Kurt's new Keens were delivered today. My new Eccos came last week, so I think everything is here for the trip. Whoot! Now, I have to make everything suddenly appear in my luggage. That will most likely happen on Sunday. I amm thrilled that Kurt's super huge Merrell hiking boots will not have to make this trip. That takes about 20 pounds out of his backpack. He will thank me, even though he called his Keens "gay". Kory thinks they are kewl though, so too bad Kurt, you are wearing them and liking it! :). Seriously though, he will thank me when he can jump off the dinghy, into the water and not continually change his shoes or walk around in wet hiking boots.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wait, what? Kurt has been to the gym more then once? WTH is up in that house? He likes Pinconning, he works out now, you're cooking....something is going on there.

RoseAnn said...

I love my Keens but haven't talked Robert into getting a pair.

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Oh yes, Rebecca. Kurt works out, prob about half as much as I do. But, he is getting there! :). And I am cooking! Proof is in the pics I take of the food, haha.

And Roseann. Kurt will NEVER wear these at home, LOL. They will be vacay shoes.....