Sunday, December 07, 2008

Cooking and Working


Hmm, since Thursday.

Made a yummy cajun swordfish on Thursday night, with scalloped potatoes (leftover) and rice for dinner. I don't know how long this cooking thing will last, but I am really enjoying it. My Mom says it will come and go (she thinks it's hereditary, LOL). My Mom is an amazing cook though, so it I end up anything like her, I will be awesome! :). I am getting quite the selection of spices and such from following these recipes. For this one, I had to buy thyme and oregano.

Friday night, we went out for sushi, and they had taken my fav appetizer off the menu! I about died! But, they still had some there, so the sushi chef made it for me. They also said that since I was so devastated, they would keep some there just for me! Unnecessary, but nice just the same. I love the shrimp wontons.

Saturday and Sunday, we worked both days. So fun. Ugh. Necessary to prepare for vacay though. We have to leave caught up entirely. We were supposed to go to Misty's surprise 30th bday party on Saturday night, but Kory had the flu, Kurt was feeling exhausted, and my cold flared up again AND the weather was blizzard like at the ranch. So, stayed in and I pretty much slept the entire night, then made dinner. Fetticini Alfredo with veggies and Boca sausage.

I have been looking up kewl cooking accessories online, to expand my kitchen. I really need to get a nice knife set (my knife block was just a lower end Target set I got years ago as a wedding gift). I was also looking at a really kewl potato masher tonight online, and I would love a panini press/grill. I keep adding stuff to my Kaboodle list, so I can remember them. I really want a kitchen scale too. I found this recipe to make, which requires 1.5 pounds of cod, and I have no idea how to figure that out without a scale. I found a kewl one online, but will only buy stuff with the 20% off coupons at Bed Bath and Beyond.......

Other than that, not much going on. Have a ton to do before we leave in about a week! Would like to get my Xmas cards out (but no idea on if that will happen or not), need to pack, have a board meeting, work, etc. Plus, our court schedule is insane this week.......

The weather here has been atrocious though, and I can't wait to be in gorgeous weather for a while. :).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know some are allllll about the panini maker.. but a George Foreman Grill will do the same thing, is dishwasher-safe, and can also grill a lot of other things. I'd highly recommend it!

..as for the cod, the fish department at your grocery store should be able to measure that out for you - no?

Everything sounds delicious! :)

Nancy said...

The potato masher looks like a PITA to wash! But looks cool though hehe. When do you leave on vacay again? I can't believe how fast December is flying!

Unknown said...

Panini Presses are amazing.
But I'm Italian, so that's kinda a given, right? The first time I ever had a pressed panini was when we went to Italy when I was around 7 or 8 years old. I was so excited when they FINALLY caught on, on this side of the world!

RoseAnn said...

We don't go to any one restaurant enough to have them keep something on hand just for us! That was very nice of them!

Rachael said...

have you tried the Quorn brand "chicken" products? they are pretty good!

Lisa said...

I'm in love with that knife block set! I just bought a new chefs knife, and I'm in love! Its amazing what new knives can do for you :)

Jennifer said...

I love my Wusthof knives, they are the best!