Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter in Manistee


I had a really nice Easter.

Left Friday night after work to Manistee and got there around 9:00 p.m., about 4 hours after I left, which was really good time considering I hit some traffic and stopped to get gas. Yay. Saw a beautiful sunset on the way, and as soon as I got there, Big Al's pizzza showed up about 2 minutes later with dinner. My Mom rocks. :). My Mom had picked up my nephew on Thursday because my sister had a migraine, so he was there hanging out with my Mom and Ronnie. He is the cutest baby ever. So, of course, I took advantage of that and took a ton of pictures, LOL. He is pretty used to the camera because my Mom is kinda picture crazy too.....I wonder where I get it from, haha.



Anyway, Friday night we ate dinner and watched a movie, Mamma Mia. I thought I would love it, and yea, it was pretty lame. Went to bed then, and got up the next morning to another day of Nick!



Heidi called me and came over with Lanessa, who is super adorable too. Her and Nick are only about 2.5 weeks apart in age. Anyway, the two babies had a blast playing together and I loved seeing Heidi who I have not seen in forever! She looked great, and Lanessa is a really sweet, laid back baby. We even watched Lanessa for a little bit while Heidi went grocery shopping. It was super fun. That night, Christie (my sister) and her family came over for Easter dinner and to get Nick! :(. Dinner was awesome, I had salmon and potatoes and veggies.....everyone else had ham. My Mom makes the best bbq salmon ever. Played with nick more, and ran to the store with my sister who had to pick up some last minute Easter stuff. Had to buy this thing my Mom had me try at her house for my hair, it's an awesome tool and was cheap at Rite Aid. Watched The Dreamer that night with my Mom and looked at the pics I had taken that weekend. Went to bed.....



Sunday, got up and ran an errand with my Mom, had breakfast, then headed home. Another 4 hour drive. I was sick of driving at the end of that drive. Ugh. Kurt showed me the trees him and Kory had planted (1000 pine trees) and we went to Easter dinner, haha, at Ruby Tuesday. Chilled the rest of the night.



Today was pure insanity at the office. Ugh. Hopefully, tomorrow is better! :).

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

I thought you were joking about 1000 trees. They seriously didn't plant 1000 trees, did they?

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Oh yes. But, they are small trees, like 2 feet each. Kurt always does things to the extreme, LOL.

Jennifer said...

I thought you were joking about 1000 trees too!! Sounds like a fabulous Easter :)

Mrs. Lukie said...

OMG, I totally thought the 1000 pine tree thing was an overexaggeration, too! He is crazy!

RoseAnn said...

I felt the same way about Mamma Mia. Since I loved the stage show, I assumed I'd also love the movie...not so much.

Glad you had a good weekend! What a cute couple of babies!

Rachael said...

Were Kurt and Kory in pain after planting that many? That's some serious planting!

Lori Anne Haskell said...

haha, yeppers, they are still in pain today, as a matter of fact! :).