Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where to Next Haskells?


Well, I bought this book tonight.

Which makes it pretty obvious where our December trip this year is going to be to--Uganda. I can't freaking wait. I have already been researching safari companies, looking at the Tripadvisor boards for advice. We knew we wanted to do somewhere in Africa or Borneo, and I am letting Kurt pick the specfics. He really wants to do gorilla trekking, and since they are endangered, the only place to really do that is in Uganda, Rwanda or the Congo. And the Congo is out because it is too dangerous right now. Uganda looked the most diverse.

This tour is one that is very much what we want to do. There is a chimp orphanage that i really want to go to as well, so I am going to see if we can add that on to the beginning or the end of the trip. The flight is like, UGH, 18 hours, but on a positive note, it is 6 hours shorter than Borneo! :). Basically, you fly through Amsterdam. If I had more time, I would add Amsterdam onto the trip, but I don't like to be away from the pugs and Persian for too long.

An attorney friend of ours was asking kurt about the Galapagos, because she had heard through another attorney that we had gone there. I called her and referred her to my travel agent, and sent her my trip report and pics, and at court today, she told me that they are FOR SURE going, after looking at my pics. :). Glad i talked someone else into going, as it is such an amazing place and my pictures do not even do the place any justice at all.

so, work has been insanity these past two days. I don't even remember the days I was so slammed. Today, I had court this morning. Came back to the office and did, oh, I don't even know how many appointments. Before I knew it, it was 7 p.m. and we were leaving the office. Ugh.

I have a list, in my head since I dont have time to write it down, of like a million things I need to do. I need to reschedule our doctor appointment with the travel doctor that I totally missed on Monday. No idea how I missed it since it was obvious in my calendar, but I did. I never miss anything. we are getting the third shot in a series in one of the Hep shots and we are DONE. I need to ask her about Uganda though and see if there is anything new. I know we need malaria pills, and you have to show proof of the Yellow Fever Vaccine to enter the country (which we have), but other than that, no idea. I also need to make Kurt an orthodontist appointment, need to grocery shop and get to SAMS Club desperately. We have like NO groceries in the house. I am out of paper towel, almost out of toilet paper, out of canned cat food, just used the last of the dog food.....have no diet caffeine in the house, am out of Propel, out of like every one of Kurt's snack foods......almost out of laundry detergent. Have no fish in the house at all to make grilled fish with. It's seriously pathetic. I also need to buy my mac and cheese ingredients because I am making that for a family dinner on Sunday. I did somehow make my eye doctor appointment, but only because I have NO contacts left (they had to give me a pair to tide me over), and my appointment is overdue (was supposed to go for checkup in Novemmber 08). I know I am forgetting a LOT of things I need to do, they will come to me......

Anyway, off to bed. Have court in the morning and need some sleep.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow that sounds amazing!! You have the most fabulous life!

Brittany said...

Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip!

Lori Anne Haskell said...

My life is only fabulous on vacation, LOL! :).

Megan said...

I live vicariously through you, girl!