Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Debate--Round Two (ding ding)

The debate annoyed me. I actually walked away at one point (within hearing distance) to change laundry over and put some stuff away in my closet).

Neither party could answer a freaking question or follow rules. I liked when Brokaw said "Only answer yes or no" and they both had long responses. Hilarious.

McCain is a freaking moron too. In the same breath, he stated NO MORE TAXES, then said he wanted to "help homeowners by taking over part of their mortgages and making their mortgages equal to the housse value." How exactly are we going to do that with no taxes, McCain? Oh, and then with no taxes, we are going to hand over $5000 per person to everyone for health insurance. Get real, no neck boy.....

And Obama drove me nuts too. Attacking McCain, pushing to talk when the time was up, etc.

I was not happy with this debate. I thought the questions chosen should have been more interesting, and Brokaw should have MADE them answer the questions. I wanted to hear some stuff on gun rights, or abortion, or gay marriage. This one was supposed to be about the "people", and it was a lot of the same crap from last time.

I say it was a draw, but I will agree that McCain seemed more at ease with this style of debate over the other.

can't wait to see SNL's take on this.....

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

No neck boy?!

I wasn't thrilled with the debate either. McCain wasn't on attack mode as much as I was expecting (except for his 'that one' comment) and Obama didn't take his eyes off McCain for one second (that I liked).

One more debate and then let's vote!

Mindy said...

This debate sealed the deal for me.

I HATE McCain. I think he's a condescending blow hard who talks as though he is above everyone, smarter than everyone, and he has to "dumb it down" so we can understand.

He makes me gag.

Jennifer said...

The polls this morning show Obama winning the debate by a higher percentage than the first debate. Maybe it had to take him telling Brokaw he needed to finish or he needed more time or he was going to follow up for people to see he was serious and he wasn't going to let McCain get the better of him.

And I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY with Mindy. I am voting for Obama. In fact, I am campaigning for Obama. He will win California and it's prize of 55 of the 270 electoral votes needed to become President (if I have anything to say about it!).

Mrs. Lukie said...

I was irritated with the two of them, as well. They sounded like whiny little bliotches at one point and I stepped outside to watch the sunset, then came back in and tried to finish watching.

At this point, it's the lesser of two evils, in my eyes. Still voting McCain, though.

Lori Anne Haskell said...

The sunset sounds much better than the debate, Sarah, LOL.

And Mindy. Totally agree about McCain constantly sounding like a condescending, smug ass. Just because you are around longer does not make you automatically better. Stupid, stupid logic.

And as always, jenn, I always agree with you, hehe.

Mindy said...

See, before this debate, while I didn't agree on social matters that McCain stands for, and I don't support the war, I did like and respect that he is fiscally conservative. While I had no plans of voting for him - I didn't have an extreme dislike for him.

After last night's town hall debate, I hate the man. And to hear that people think HE is the lesser of two evils baffles my mind in a way that I can't even explain. He's a war-mongering, lying, asshole elitist. I want him and "his girl" back in Alaska and Arizona, far away from the Oval Office.

AmberDenae said...

The debate did not thrill me either. I actually fell asleep at one point. Agreed. And yes, Obama is quite annoying.

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Oh, I have to say too, Amber....You posted something a while back here about looks mattering. If looks matter, than Obama should totally be President, because McCain is horribly ugly, LOL. Last night, he looked like he had no neck, and kinda like a dinosaur or something.

AmberDenae said...

What? I posted something about looks mattering? When? That doesn't sound like anything I'd ever say, haha. Which post was it on?

Mindy said...

I actually think it was me - when I said I thought the only thing Palin has going for her is her looks - if looks matter . . .

I stand by that statement.