Friday, October 31, 2008

Invisalign and Election Day

I looked at the calendar at the office next Tuesday, and noticed that Kurt marked off the second half of the day and wrote "Lori and Kurt out of the office". I was like, Hun? Does he have some surprise trip planned or something? So, I called him, and he reminded me that it was election day next Tuesday, and we would be voting and watching election coverage, and acting all desperate and stuff for Obama to win...........

I can't believe that we are taking part of a day off for this, LOL. But, I will take whatever time off I can get, no matter what the reason.

Went to the ortho this morning to pick up my Invisalign, as they are in! :). They are weird. I was only previously wearing a bottom retainer, and to have one on the top too is just plain weird. I am talking somewhat oddly, and Kurt is having a blast making fun of words I temporarily cannot say. Love him. ;). Glad to have them though, and I have one set I wear for two weeks, and the next for two more weeks, then I go back in to get more and for them to look at my progress.

I was exhausted last night. I fell asleep on the couch at 9, and we were in bed by 930.

Don't remember if I posted about this or not, but the deep fryer is AWESOME. Great purchase! Last night, I made Kurt garlic fries from Trader Joe's (I tried one and YUM), and grilled halibut, and last night, he was not very hungry, but requested "some fries would be nice" so I made him some seasoned curly fries (of which I also tasted one, and YUM). Rebecca, they seriously rivaled Pete's. The brand, ironically, is called McCain. Anyway. I questioned whether I should buy them or not when I noticed the brand, but decided to put politics aside and buy the fries, especially since there was no fry brand called Obama.


Gretel is in the office today, and dressed up like a bat! Super cute.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm wondering if maybe McCain is a Canadian brand, because we've been buying those fries for YEARS. They are delicious!

But those garlic fries also sound really good... hmmm!

Rebecca said...

You mean they rivaled Petes? ;)

I've got a bag of garlic fries in the freezer, I should get them out, but I only get out the deep fryer if I'm cooking a large quantity of stuff (or fried mushrooms), the cleanup is a pain, so I'm glad you got one better then mine!

Emily said...

Dude I am taking the whole day off! Its going to take at least 2 hours to vote, and then I'm gonna walk down and take myself out to breakfast, work from home, and then I'm going to a big fancy cocktail party thrown by our Air America radio station at 5 to watch the results :)

Alex said...

Does Kurt not cook?

We're going to an election party on Tuesday night-the first one I've ever attended. If things start to go downhill, I may need to leave early--all this election stuff stresse me out!

Jennifer said...

I can't wait for election day! How fun that Kurt penciled in some time off for you both :)

I'll have to try some of those fries, they some good.

Did you get a picture of Gretel?

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Alex: Umm, no, Kurt does not cook, LOL. I actually fell over laughing when I saw your question! haha. He has not cooked one thing since we met 12 years ago....