Saturday, October 04, 2008

New Hair and Parties


So, Friday night, Kurt and I went out and had sushi. Super yummy. Much better service this week than last.

Woke up this morning and headed to my hair appointment. I let the GPS get me there, and it worked perfectly. Yay. Got there slightly early and they took me right back. I showed her the pic (pic four from the post before with the hair pics) and told her I wanted something similar. I, in the end, decided to start out subtlely with things and work up to more red. I hate anything really "unnatural", and if I went from being totally light blonde to dark red, like the first pic i really like, it would be too drastic for me. Also, the girl told me red tends to fade and is kinda high maintenance, so I am less sure about going totally red now. Anyway. She colored my hair and then sent me on to the girl who cut my hair. Again, went pretty subtle with her too, working up to where I really want to be in the end. Got three inches cut off the back, and layers everywhere, as well as the long bangs in the front. Love the cut and color. The color is not exactly what I wanted, but it has slight strawberry blonde highlights, and next time, I will just ask for more. The cut is awesome. The bangs are perfect, where I can wear them tucked or pulled back, but can also wear them almost as bangs. After that, I asked if anyone had time for a quick brow wax, and they did. Whoot. Desperately needed that, and it was awesome to take care of everything in one visit. The salon and spa are super nice. got suckered in to some products too. Bought this shampoo and conditioner and this product.

After that, stopped at Target to buy Rebecca's housewarming gifts. Got her stuff she wanted off of her Kaboodle list. Bought a dutch oven pot, a skillet, and a rolling pin. sounds boring, but it was stuff she wanted, I swear! :). Also picked up this kewl dash thing for my GPS and a new CD. Yes, I like James Taylor. Don't mkae fun of me. I think it's comforting to me because my Mom used to listen to him.....His music just makes me happy and relaxed.....

Came home after that and chilled a bit, then got ready for Rebecca's party by curling my hair and changing clothes. Jumped in the car and drove up there (UGH on the drive) with Kurt. Got there around 615, and got home at 1235 a.m. The party wasa super fun. Rebecca had lots of food (which waas good, because we were starving), and there were a lot of people there who I was glad to see. Wathced everyone play some "flippy cups", built a fire in the backyard, watched Kory and Britton, drunk, running around with their shirts off, many entertaining things for the evening. Overall, great party! :). I am just hoping that Rebecca is not hung over tomorrow.........

I know you all want to see pics of my hair, but I am too tired to download anything and will post pics tomorrow.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Nope, no hangover :)

And they were the best presents ever!!!

Nancy said...

tease!!! Glad you had fun :)

Jennifer said...

Cannot wait to see the hair pics and don't you love the GPS? I use mine all the time and I love it :)