Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary To Us

Kurt and I started dating on Oct 12--12 years ago. Crazy, eh? I have been with him in three decades of mine, teens (met him at 19), 20s, and now 30s. It's pretty crazy all we have been through together. And even crazier that I love him more today than I ever have.

1996: We met, waiting tables at a restaurant, neither one us even done with our college degrees, neither one of us even knowing for sure what we wanted to do with our lives.

In Between: one bachelors in biology, one bachelors in accounting, one marriage, two law degrees, one LLM in tax law, many waitressing jobs, a couple of legal secretary jobs, one tax lawyer job, one apartment, one rented house, home ownership--twice, many many vacations all over the world.......

2008: We have finally settled down in Newport, in our dream house with the perfect yard, run a law firm together with NO bosses, and make plans every day of what we want to accomplish and do next.

Insanity. And seriously, if a couple can make it through law school--twice--together, I think they can make it through anything. LOL.

I am the luckiest person alive getting to hang out with my best friend every day, and sleep with him every night. I treasure our relationship even more doing family law for a living and seeing so many marriages ending.

Anyway, Happy Anniversary, baby! I love you more than anything and look forward to the next 12 years together......

12 comments:

Brittany said...

Happy anniversary!

Rebecca said...

I don't think I've EVER heard you say (or read, in this case) such sappy stuff :)

Happy Anniversary

Rebecca said...

And something crazy I just realized...I would be-at the youngest-42 to celebrate 12 years with someone.

Wow...that's just depressing...

Mrs. Lukie said...

Awwww! I love reading stuff like this :) Quiets that little sliver of cynicism I have in me real quick.

Happy Dating Anniversary!

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Thanks, Sarah! :).

And Rebecca, haha, I know I am never sappy. I guess I just thought 12 years together deserved a tiny bit of it, LOL.

RoseAnn said...

Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

Aww..Happy Anniversary!!! Here's to many many more ;)

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved this post Lori! Its a mile marker I hope to reach with Adam, that I know we'll reach. But honestly, its great to see someone make it :)

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary! What a terrific story you two have...

AmberDenae said...

Congratulations!!

Happy Anniversary, I hope it was great and I hope the upcoming years are filled with many adventures, blessings and joy!

Nancy said...

Awww I love the sap!! Bring it on :)

Happy Anniversary! :)

Rachael said...

Congrats and Cheers to many years to come! :)