Sunday, January 24, 2010

Shoes and Jewelry

So, I did some shopping online today. I get really attached to shoes, and I really need to throw a couple pairs of heels away. Or maybe I am just addicted to shoes....Whatever the case, Amazon has some amazing deals right now! If you click on Shoes, there is a button where you click on 70% or more off. GREAT deals. Also, two of the pairs had coupons for $10 more off each pair, so I really got even better deals. I also bought a few new rings on HSN's clearance site. Really good deals on their sales and clearance section on that site as well. Anyway, here is what I got! Hopefully, I like everything. And, I have to say, I am really lucky that I have a husband who never questions anything I buy or shopping in general. He actually encourages me to buy whatever I want. Love you honey! :).

Had a great weekend, NOT working. Had lunch with Hollie and Angela yesterday at Mongolian BBQ in Dearborn. Dinner with Kurty last night at Nick and Nino's. We were going to work part of a day this weekend, but ended up not going in at all, which was fine with me! :). I hate working on weekends.

Was happy to get ALMOST caught up on laundry this weekend.........Some things got put away that have been sitting in the laundry room for ages. Ever since Christmas and the madness that has followed, I have been too busy to do much of anything around here.

Started planning Kurt's b-day trip. Pre-Flight 253, I was looking at NYC, Boston, Dallas, San Diego......now, Kurt does not want to fly (and neither do i this quickly for that matter), so I am looking at places to drive to from Newport. So far, Indianapolis is looking like the place! The Pistons are playing there that weekend too, so we could catch a game. They have a lot of museums and other stuff to see there, and it is only like a little over 4 hours to drive, assuming the roads are OK then. Looks like hotels are pretty cheap in that city too. If anyone has any good suggestions for hotels, restaurants, things to do in Indy, let me know!

Also, this is totally off subject, but I want to start making my own pasta sauce. If anyone has a great marinara recipe, more specifically, a spicy one, I would love it! :). I want to make a bunch and freeze it. I am just not overly thrilled with what is available on the market.

Anyway, hope everyone had a great weekend.

First and fourth pair below are by Sofft, which is a fav brand of mine for work. They are really comfy for heels, but can be pricey, so I always wait for them to be marked down a lot. the second pair is Diesel, which I have never owned, but they were more than $100 off! Crazy! I loved the third pair because o the red on the back of the heel and on the front, and the brand is Poetic License, which I love. I have one other pair that I get compliments on all the time.









5 comments:

Katie said...

OMG, SHOES #2 are to DIE for.
I may have to go look them up online and buy a pair for myself...

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Katie, those were the BEST deal! Here is the link on Amazon; http://www.amazon.com/Diesel-Neveau-Shoes-Heels-Pumps/dp/B001F0K7ZM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1264469604&sr=8-1

Unknown said...

Wow loving the black leather and patent shoes with the detailed fronts - where do i buy these now?! Great article very interesting.
http://www.ladiesshoessize8.org.uk

Char said...

Are you really coming to Indy? When is his b-day? I might be able to pull some strings for you if you let me know ;) I occassionally get tickets to the Mayor's suite. Also, we could do dinner or something!! I've been wanting to go to Fogo de Chao and that would be a great excuse! There's some great sushi places as well or PF Chang's is right downtown too! Soo many options! Let me know! Char

Unknown said...

The Mary Jane heels are adorable! I really like the tanzanite ring as well. It's stunning.