Sunday, January 31, 2010

Updates


***Kurt, at the Southfield office.


Kurt was on the Barry Shainbaum show yesterday for the second time. I cannot figure out how to attach radio shows to this blog, so for 13 days, you can click here, download, and listen. After that, give me your email and I will send it to you. Oh, and Kurt on the show starts at around minute 47 on the download.

Channel 7 Detroit and Michael Rosenthal stopped by on Friday to ask our opinions on the recent Detroit Free Press article that discussed the security flaws on Flight 253 after we landed on December 25. Also, a photographer from the Chicago Tribune stopped by to take portraits of us for their paper. Not sure what about when the article and pics will be run, but I will post once it is up and online.

****Kory at the Southfield office.

Today, Kurt and I filmed for a TV show called "Don't Be A Victim". We got there at 2:30 PM and filmed until around 415 PM. They pretty much let us tell the entire story, we did not have to leave anything out. It was a really good interview, i think. The show is new and the series starts in July of this year. Have no idea yet when we will be on.



This weekend was crazy busy. Worked on the new offices all of Saturday. Picked up both desks for each office at Art Van, as well as a table I bought for Stacey's office in Taylor for behind her desk. Got amazing deals on the table and one of the desks. Went to the Southfield office--put together the chairs, set up the computer and printer, and brought in the desk, which was a PAIN. The desk weighs 403 pounds. Left there, and headed back to Taylor to pick up the furniture for the Ypsi office. Kurt and Kory then headed to the Ypsi office to set up everythig there. I then had to leave as I was having dinner with family for my Grama's birthday. Met them in Westland and we headed to Max and Erma's for dinner. Was nice to see everyone. Happy Birthday, grama!!!!! Sunday, we stayed home, I grocery shopped, which we desperately needed to do....we had literally nothing to drink in the house except milk and tap water. Oh, had a coupon for 20% off so I stopped at Elder Beerman as well and ended up buying Kurt a dress shirt, myself a new suit coat (in black) and skirt, and some various tights and socks on clearance......

Looking forward to Kurt's bday trip this weekend! Decided to rent a car to take with us. The Wrangler is just not a comfy ride, the Saturn needs to be taken in for some work, and the rest of the cars are parked for the Winter. Reserved that yesterday.....Only thing I have left to do is find a spa and book massages, and figure out what else we are doing while there. We may just wing it. Or maybe I will buy a book on Indy this week to add to my travel collection.......

Made an awesome recipe tonight, which I paired with Zatarain's Jambalaya Rice. The recipe is as follows:

Tuna Cakes by Kraft

What You Need

2 cans (6 oz. each) light tuna in water, drained, flaked (used Starkist Gourmet Gold White Albacore Tuna)

1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken

1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese (used Kroger brand Habanero Cheese)

3/4 cup water

1 carrot, shredded

1/3 cup KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise (used low fat miracle whip)

2 Tbsp. CLAUSSEN Sweet Pickle Relish (Used Kroger brand dill relish)

Make It!

MIX all ingredients. Refrigerate 10 min.

HEAT large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Use ice cream scoop to add 1/3-cup portions of tuna mixture, in batches, to skillet. (I used my panini grill to make these, and I made them in like 1/4 cup portions).

Tomorrow is Kurty's birthday! He only has one year and one day until he is the big 4-0! It's so strange........I remember when I met Kurt and he was only 26......now, he is almost 40. Times flies when you are having fun, I guess! :). We are having dinner to celebrate, then we leave on Thursday afternoon for Kurt's annual birthday trip! Hooray!

12 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm curious to what you decided to do for Kurt's birthday??

Also, congrats on the new office coming together :)

Unknown said...

I cut out the audio clip (from the radio program0 and it is available here:

Here

Rebecca said...

I wish you were going to be working in the Sfld office so I could come visit!

COL said...

WOW! You have been busy! The expanding to new offices is exciting! Hope you have a great time on your trip! I've never been to Indi so I can't wait to hear about it! :)

PismoPam said...

Lori, I'm an astrologer, so when you said that Kurt's birthday is Feb 2 - right? Feb 2? - I cast the chart for what was happening Christmas Day. Thought you might be interested.
See my interpretation at
PimsoPam.blogspot.com

Lori Anne Haskell said...

Pam, when I went to your site, the link did not work? Can you send again plaese? Thanks.

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday to Kurt! Have a great trip!

Human said...

Concerning PismoPam link - When I cut and pasted the text - "PimsoPam.blogspot.com" onto my url, Norton went to a "warning unsafe site" alert. Pam, made a mistake in the text. s/b "PismoPam.blogspot.com".
To get to correct site click on hyperlinked name of blogger "PismoPam said"..

I'm not into astrology, but it appears to be freaky dinky or maybe just coinkydinky?

Peace.

David Sketchley said...

Hi,

I've been following this story since Christmas from Spain. I'm a bit worried about te positioning of your chair Kurt. Re the photos, not a good idea to publish them nor to have your back to the outside.

indio007 said...

thank you for your bravery in exposing the governments B.S.

www.suijurisclub.net

Unknown said...

Hi

I extracted Kurt's Interview and posted it to YouTube. Post it on your blog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYp0e3yjHWA

Anonymous said...

Kurt as a Flight Attn. for a domestic carrier out of Texas I thank You for for not backing down. I'm also speading the truth of your story to my fellow co-workers. I'm insulted by the way they are using the body scanners. In ABQ. They have two lanes open, One for the Scanner, One for the medel detectors. The lines back up so people are coerced into submission. All for a lie.