Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuna Crunch Pie

Made a new recipe tonight that I loved. Called a Tuna Crunch Bake. I made little modifications to the recipe, check it out below. This recipe was copied from the site you can click on here.

Tuna Crunch Pie

Ingredients:

•Crust:
•1 1/2 cups flour
•1 cup shredded cheddar (used Habenero Kroger Shredded Cheese)
•1 tsp. salt (used kosher salt)
•1 tsp. paprika
•1/2 cup butter (melted)

Preparation:
Mix by hand or with pastry blender (hand is easier). Remove 1 cup of crumbs and press remainder in a well buttered 10" pie pan. (I mixed by hand)

Filling
•2 cans (7 oz. each) tuna, drained and flaked (I used three cans of 5 oz white albaccore tuna)
•3 eggs
•1 cup commercial sour cream (used low fat)
•1/2 cup shredded Swiss or Cheddar (again, used Habenero kroger shredded cheese)
•1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad Dressing (used miracle whip0
•2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
•1 tsp. grated onion (was feeling lazy, so I used jarred onion vs chopping one)
•1/4 tsp. dill weed (had to buy this, just when you think you have every spice, you totally do not)
•2 drops hot sauce (I used a lot more than 2 drops, prob like 8)

Put flaked tuna into the crust. Mix remaining ingredients and pour into piepan (I used my awesome pie pan from Pampered chef) over tuna. Sprinkle tuna pie with the reserved crumbs. Sprinkle with a light dusting of paprika and parsley (I used both), if desired. Bake at 400° for 35-40 min. or until golden brown. Let tuna pie cool 10 minutes before cutting and serving.

I followed these directions pretty closely. Put in the oven, went downstairs to work out, came up, took out of oven, went downstairs and finished my workout, came up and served. I loved it!! When making it, i wondered, because it did not look very yummy, but it ended up amazing. You could prob add some cayenne or something to make it more spicy, but it was good as is as well.

Work was crazy busy today. Day went by insanely quickly. We took on a really interesting criminal law case today, so I am interested to see how it plays out. I called an attorney today on a divorce I was hired on, and the first thing he says to me is "are you the famous airplane girl"? I don't even know this attorney, so that comment struck me as hilarious for some reason. Apparently, more people have heard our story than I realized. Kurt was called and asked to be on Frank Beckman again this morning. It was a good update of the most recent news that was reported by ABC (which I talked about below). Also, the Discovery Channel called again today and talked to me in detail about what I saw on the plane. They may be coming to the office later this week to tape.

Am a little annoyed with Washington right now. I know, something new, right? LOL. Kurt called Carl Levin's office, and I called Joe lieberman's to try to talk to someone about what we saw, since they are both on the committee looking into it. Kurt and I were both transferred to the Department of Homeland Security. Both of us were transferred to a voice mail of people working on Flight 253 stuff. neither one of us have received a return phone call. So odd. I want to help and do what I can, and they are just NOT interested. No idea why, but i guess they think it's easier to investigate without talking to EYE witnesses. Well, I tried, that's all I can really do.

Off to bed. Have a great night.

3 comments:

Human said...

Levin & Lieberman? Somehow I don't think the 2 dual Citizens of Israel and America would want to get at the truth of the matter. Their CIA/MOSSAD handlers would not like it.
Peace.

RoseAnn said...

That tuna recipe sounds yummy! Too bad Robert refuses to eat fish; I don't think I could eat a whole one myself but maybe I'll have to try a partial batch.

Shawn Siegel said...

Re your Flight 253 experience, I just heard Kurt interviewed (again). This is a note of thanks - to him and you - for simply telling the truth, and not swerving from it.